• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixing dialogues

Sulan

Codelubber
Storm Modder
Ahoy,

I am currently enjoying the Build 14 Patch 1 Mod, and while playing I try to fix any bug I encounter - mainly dialogues so far.

Apart from obvious fixes like giving sense to phrases like "Good day, a captain of 'Nathaniel'" I encountered a to-change-or-not-to-change problem: How to introduce oneself and to be addressed by people.

Let's say our character is Jack Sparrow ... mind me, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. In the current mod he'd introduce himself as captain Jack and in some cases as captain Jack Sparrow, while rarely captain Sparrow. Mostly people will address him as captain Jack.

To me this is strange - in my understanding it should be either captain Sparrow or captain Jack Sparrow, but rarely captain Jack (if at all). While captain Jack might be acceptable, captain Nathaniel surely isn't (at least to my taste of language). So I'd change it.

Your opinion?

Sulan

I wouldn't mind it being changed; captain "Lastname" does sound better to me also.
However, that might be quite a lot of work and I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble...

In the movies though they do call Jack, captain Jack on a number of occasions, for Nathanial I would change it but Jack I wouldnt :no

Back