• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Firing cannons

BrAdriano

Sailor Apprentice
I need some help changing the way the cannons fire in GOF,when comparing the GOF mod to the new horizons,cannons fire too slow,and miss too much,if i have 32 cannons it looks like i have 16,how do i tweak them to be more like POTC firing??

Just play the game. As your skill increases the cannons fire faster and more accurately.

I not talking about reload rates,i talking about the way the cannons fire,its looks like they wait for one cannon to shoot,then another shoot,then another shoot,just compare POTC to GOF.

I play both games too. The biggest difference I see is that POTC fires cannons and GOF2 fires mortars. The extra travel time seems to make GOF2 a little less accurate, but early on one is lucky to hit sails in either one. Forget about hitting hulls.

I just remembered something. The cannon skill in POTC is governed by you and your officer's skill.
COAS has your crew skill factored in also. If your crew has poor cannon skills it does not matter what your or your officer's skill is, they will fire badly. The only way to improve them is with combat. But combat wipes out your crew and they cost as much as a new ship.

Everything in this game is dependent on skills and perks - (your own, your officers and your crews). Once you level up to about 15-20 and have good skills and good officers.............. you kick ass! :pirate41::shock

Because you have a good Doctor with a high Defense skill and you have high Defense skills yourself, you lose hardly any crew. If you have high Accuracy and Cannon skills, and have a gunner that does as well, with experienced cannoneers in the crew ---- you are almost invincible when you get to level 30 plus..... and EVEN WITH all of the more realistic cannon damage numbers everyone seems to dislike, suddenly you win battles much faster.

One thing I've gotten to know about COAS (and the GOF settings we've applied) is that it takes lots of patience to get everything really cooking good.

Once you're up there though, its not only a lot of fun, but it also gives you a great sense of accomplishment, like you've earned the high skills and capabilities you finally achieve.

This game definitely is not for someone that wants instant gratification, and even though I joke that its a kiddie game - that's precisely what separates it from the (I want it and I want it exactly my way right now) - whine-baby crowd pleasing kiddie games.

MK

Once again,im not talking about damage or reload rates,i talking about:pressed fire button(COAS),the cannons looks like they wait for one to shot for another to shot,in POTC pressed the fire button,the cannons fire more synch(not totally)and faster(not reload rates)

for that too you need to get more skill.
I have a Superbe, 78 guns 24lbs culverlines, and one broadside (38 cannon) shoots in... 0.35 seconds or so.
but i am level 40,
AND
have a good gunner
AND
have a good, full crew at high morale. (910 men)

need to keep playing!

Back in the day, that's how they had to fire. A recoiling cannon is quite a bit of weight being thrown around, and the shock that that creates gets transferred to the sip. If they fired all the guns at the same time, they would damage the ship's hull.

Back