• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finished (?) Henry Morgan questline - what now?

alan_smithee

Corsair
Storm Modder
I had to start a new topic because I've been chasing information scattered across too many different threads, and it's not in the nice walkthru pdf.

So I did all of Henry Morgan's chores - killed Law, captured the gem-filled ship, etc., and then helped him sack Portobello and Panama. As I understand it, now,
1) I won't encounter him at sea, so there's no point in looking (?)
2) His secretary is going to tell me he's in London till next year, but he never actually returns (?) so that's the end of the quest?

I miss anything? Do I at least have the ability to capture cities now or do I need to do some nation's questline?

Thanks.

I had to start a new topic because I've been chasing information scattered across too many different threads, and it's not in the nice walkthru pdf.

So I did all of Henry Morgan's chores - killed Law, captured the gem-filled ship, etc., and then helped him sack Portobello and Panama. As I understand it, now,
1) I won't encounter him at sea, so there's no point in looking (?)
2) His secretary is going to tell me he's in London till next year, but he never actually returns (?) so that's the end of the quest?

I miss anything? Do I at least have the ability to capture cities now or do I need to do some nation's questline?
Yes, now you have the ability to capture cities.
Try.
Morgan is in London.
He'll be back at his residence in Port Royal (or Antigua) after 350 days (of game! xD: ) approximately
But has no other functions in the game; frees you from the ties with pirates and you can do a quest-line National.

I can't do any national questlines for the next year? Holy crap Lois!
The rule is to do a national quest-line after the quest of Linney: Morgan also says this.
And, after the national quest-line, return by Morgan and make the conquest of Panama.

I KNOW right???? :modding

I started a new game because of that last year. Haven't done the Morgan quest again in any of my subsequent games.

You know a good topic might be a recommended order of questlines. As long as I've been playing, I've never done the Spanish or English missions. I like doing the Dutch questlines, but when I'm done with the others I want to go back to the Dutch. There's no way to keep everyone happy in this game so early on I usually just tromp the English from day one and never even try to do the English missions.

MK

You can not do two national quest-lines with one profile.
There are contradictions and incompatibility.
You have to do the pirates quest-line (up to Linney) -> 1 (only one!) national quest-line -> conquest of Panama.
Or:
1 (only one!) national quest-line -> pirates quest-line (complete).
Furthermore, before or after or during, all the quest general (Ascold, Austin, CoAs, Tenochtitlan, Isabella etc etc etc...).

I KNOW right???? :modding

I started a new game because of that last year. Haven't done the Morgan quest again in any of my subsequent games.

You know a good topic might be a recommended order of questlines. As long as I've been playing, I've never done the Spanish or English missions. I like doing the Dutch questlines, but when I'm done with the others I want to go back to the Dutch. There's no way to keep everyone happy in this game so early on I usually just tromp the English from day one and never even try to do the English missions.

MK

I've started a new game several times, because generally my favorite part is the make-or-break first few days. Once I have $20 million and every type of ship, the only "challenge" is is "do I have enough patience to tromp all over the map to finish this quest with a rinkydink reward, or am I gonna get distracted by trying to capture another Manowar bountyhunter?"

In every game, I choose the French nation and wollop the Spanish because hey, eff those guys. I generally lose interest after doing a couple of the small nation quests (it's always hunt the spy and haul yourself to Portobello and back) and then they tell me they don't have anything else for me. Looks like I'll have to start another new game if I want to get deeper into those.

I've got a savegame on another character in the CoAS gathering dust because I got tired of all the swimming and walking and getting lost. I get antsy if I can't just kill something.

Or I could just spend a year capturing colonies, which is what I've started doing.

Question: If I capture a colony, then pay a diplomat to prevent it being attacked, will my gold be ironclad safe at the bank there or might it still be raided?

... If I capture a colony, then pay a diplomat to prevent it being attacked, will my gold be ironclad safe at the bank there or might it still be raided?
From my experience, I believe that they are safe.

Sweet, I'll give it a shot. Paying to protect all my colonies is getting expensive. I have all the Spanish colonies in the north half of the map conquered so far.

I like how the guards in my town will actually rush to my defense when headhunters come after me. But then if I'm not flying a pirate flag, their ships will attack me as soon as I hit port :facepalm

[/quote]

Sweet, I'll give it a shot. Paying to protect all my colonies is getting expensive. I have all the Spanish colonies in the north half of the map conquered so far.

I like how the guards in my town will actually rush to my defense when headhunters come after me. But then if I'm not flying a pirate flag, their ships will attack me as soon as I hit port :facepalm
[/quote]

That's funny, I enter my colony with the Dutch flag and the harbor as pirate ships, the fort flies a pirate flag and I'm never attacked.

I'm guessing one way to play this in a more hard way is to be a true pirate character and not have a nation backing you up and I have a big urge to play as Barbosa or Jack Sparrow for that.

Back