• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Extremely Confused On What To Do

So... hello! I checked into the Gentlemen of Fortune Mod for Age of Pirates Two and decided I would download it, seeing as how it appears to be the only "big changer" mod.

So, I have spent the last two days trying to figure out what I am supposed to do. And the efforts have so far proven to be fruitless.

I really have no idea what I am supposed to do, originally I thought one simply had to download 1.2, but I am not fully aware as I noticed that anything after the original (1.0) had to be downloaded as it was a patch.

I could spend a great deal of time describing what I did, but really, there is so much that I tried to do that it really would be a waste of time to look through.

My main problem is that I really have no idea what to do, there are so many possible downloads and variables that I simply can not figure it out. So could somebody just give me a step by step guide on what I am supposed to do? I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

1. Install a "fresh" new copy of Age of Pirates: City of Abadoned ships
2. Download GoF 1.2
3. Extract the mod on your desktop (use 7zip, winrar or any other compatible unpacker for it)
4a If the mod is a setup you just start the exe and install to your direction of COAS
4b If the mod is just a bunch of file folders, drag every of those folders into COAS to their respective named COAS folder names [overwrite if asked by windows!]

Seeing that you said Age of Pirates [2], I think you either made a typo or you were trying to install GOF on top of Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales

Remember to be more specific and state what game you tried the mod to install on.

1. Install a "fresh" new copy of Age of Pirates: City of Abadoned ships
2. Download GoF 1.2
3. Extract the mod on your desktop (use 7zip, winrar or any other compatible unpacker for it)
4a If the mod is a setup you just start the exe and install to your direction of COAS
4b If the mod is just a bunch of file folders, drag every of those folders into COAS to their respective named COAS folder names [overwrite if asked by windows!]

Seeing that you said Age of Pirates [2], I think you either made a typo or you were trying to install GOF on top of Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales

Remember to be more specific and state what game you tried the mod to install on.

As you instructed, I dragged the modules, Program, and RESOURCE folders into their respective COAS folders, start COAS up, and just get the normal menu screen, so, now there is the GOF module folder inside of the COAS module folder, the GOF Program folder inside of the COAS Program folder, and the GOF RESOURCE folder inside of the COAS RESOURCE folder, is this correct? I was sure to fully reinstall COAS (for the second time). Also: do keep in mind that I was not asked to replace anything, so I assume nothing was replaced.

Now, here is what is left in the GOF 1.2 Full Release folder: the ~READ ME DOCUMENTATION~ folder, the Changelog text document, the Combines Work text document, the engine.ini file, the GOF 1.0 patch text document, the GOF 1.2 Full Mod text document, the Naval model Guide text document, and the README text document.

What am I missing?

you dont need the readme texts just delete them and did windows asked you if the folder should be integrated into the other?
(like modules (GOF) into modules (Coas))

If yes, then you hopefully overwrote the needed files and as far i can see finished the installation succesfully.

If not, make sure to *integrate* the GOf files into the respective folder or else you would have in the modules folder another modules folder which screws up the game.

you dont need the readme texts just delete them and did windows asked you if the folder should be integrated into the other?
(like modules (GOF) into modules (Coas))

If yes, then you hopefully overwrote the needed files and as far i can see finished the installation succesfully.

If not, make sure to *integrate* the GOf files into the respective folder or else you would have in the modules folder another modules folder which screws up the game.

Alright so I returned the folders back and started fresh.

I dragged each folder into their respective folder and it did not give me the option fo replace them. So, I assume I have to manually drag and drop each part of the folder? The only problem is... I don't know what to replace. I mean, some things will be easy to replace, for example just drag and replace "example.exe" with "example.exe", but what about things such as video files? Do I just delete the all of the video files and add the new ones?

This could probably all be avoided, but I can't overwrite them, the option does not come up, I drag the folder over, and it is simply set in.

no hold on, you are doing it wrong....
if you want to overwrite a file, do NOT just drag it into the existing file... drag it into the same folder the file is in like you have a file folder "exterminator" on your desktop, now you just drag the same folder on your desktop aswell, the windows will ask you if you want to overwrite the file/folder with the same name and/or integrate one with the other...

Sry to ask you this but are serious with me? How old are you?

Back