• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release English soldiers of Charles II.

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi mates,

i thought about the new english soldiers and must admit, that the models and Uniforms do not fit into our game-period (1665), so I will use the org. french models to change their uniforms.

First try:
Eng_Sol-Projekt.jpg

Very Cool!!! I think Officerpuppy changed some of the soldier types to look more correct already a long time past, but I agree, many of our current Englishmen look much more Napoleonic era. :will :onya

MK

@ Takeda_One nice mod.The dark red look better then the bright red.

I install your mod instead of the new English solder i get the French solder good old blue coat not the red coat.

In the Folder there are two folder one GMs and the other is TGAs.
Inside the GMs folder. There are the three eng_mush gm and eight sold_eng gm 1 to 8.
Inside the TGA folder. There are eight sold_fra tga 1 to 8. No eng mush tga and no english solder tga.

Is that right or am i missing something here??

Thank :shrug

Takeda ole Pal,

Can you post a link to the mod so we can put it in GOF?

Or is it just sitting in your files?

It looks freakin GREAT mate!!! :onya

MK

No,

I took the models from the old french and renamed the gm's, it seems to me that the guards and the musketeers are using all these 8 textures. If you see any wired things with them in game please tell my. I have the Win7-Problem, the gm viewer doesn't show characters with its textures, thats makes it a bit hard for me to mod, so I tried my best...

@ MK: I tried to put a link to my FTP-folder in the release-post, but for some reason it did not work or I'm just to noobish :( , can't you connect to the server itself??

No,

I took the models from the old french and renamed the gm's, it seems to me that the guards and the musketeers are using all these 8 textures. If you see any wired things with them in game please tell my. I have the Win7-Problem, the gm viewer doesn't show characters with its textures, thats makes it a bit hard for me to mod, so I tried my best...

@ MK: I tried to put a link to my FTP-folder in the release-post, but for some reason it did not work or I'm just to noobish :( , can't you connect to the server itself??

Here you go bud. 17thCENTURY_ENG-Soldiers

And to add to your first post copy the full code from the box bellow. Then paste it into the first post and it will look how it does in the above link. :onya
Code:
[url=http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Takeda-One/17thCENTURY_ENG-Soldiers.zip]17thCENTURY_ENG-Soldiers[/url]

This is awesome! but, how we install it?

Great job!

Thanks, just copy the gm-files into ...\resourse\models\characters

and the tga.tx-files into ...\resourse\textures\characters

back up the old files, if you dont`t like the new ones anymore

Very nice Takeda-one!
w00t.gif

You have talent my friend.
me.gif

Have you tried the CM mod? And would you like to be a part of the mod teem? I could give you the password for our latest work and you could test and maybe add some of your talented stuff to the new mod.

I've tried these with GoF! and they work fine. The only change I made though was I used a hex editor and changed the names of the Sold_Fre to sold_eng, and then did the same with the textures. It really wasn't necessary since it overwrites the default CoAS soldier textures which we don't use for CM/GoF!, but I'm picky like that :dance

Love the new soldiers Takeda. And as Craiggo suggested, theres always room for another artist if you're interested.

Well thanks, I appreciate that but as you may have read, I am allready part of a german modding projekt now. But all my efforts (language independent) will be shared as always and if you have special issues, where I could be helpfull don't be affraid to ask for help. My intention here was quite logic, due to the fact that this idea was really behind time anyway^^

Excellent. I look forward to seeing your work and that of the other modding team. I hope you can be the bridge to exchanged ideas between both teams. :cheers

Would this be compatible with GoF? I'm thinking it would, but you never know. This is way better than having Napoleonic soldiers in 1665. Goes with the English officer or lieutenant model quite well.

I wonder what we could do with the Napoleonic English marine skins as well.

**Dam, should have read more carefully, apparently after seeing Officerpuppys post they are ... well a bump to an good mod then

I apologize for the blatant necro-thread post xD Would anyone happen to have this file still around? None of the links above work and I would love to add it to my game to replace the overly garish English uniforms. Unless someone happens to know the location of an active link, I'd be happy to be pointed in the right direction.

Back