• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine upgrade for New Horizons and Pirates of the Caribbean

Really?! :shock
The story of CT always stroke me as the weakest in the series.
If memory serves me correctly, a big part of it is to just capture the whole Caribbean.

Really?! :shock
The story of CT always stroke me as the weakest in the series.
If memory serves me correctly, a big part of it is to just capture the whole Caribbean.

That's true! I guess I just prefer the setting of finding your relative over starting a journey because somebody offered you gold for killing all beggars in the caribbean :D

I was hoping to release a beta version of my City of Abandoned Ships "Remaster" today, I even have a zip file ready to be uploaded, but doing some play testing of the main Peter Blood storyline crashes less than a minute into the game :modding.

It seems there are some more bugs that did not appear while testing in free play.

So I will focus on fixing some more bugs, and push the beta release back to next month.

So I will focus on fixing some more bugs, and push the beta release back to next month.
Alternatively, you could release a temporary version with the warning to people to NOT choose Peter Blood.

But I can absolutely understand if you prefer your first release to be more ready.

:ahoylong time no see!

Forgive a clueless layman on moding/coding, does the engine being open now means that bugs like the graphic gliches when you get dismasted on NH can be fixed?

It was the bug that maked me stop playing, I played mostly on Iron man mode and it used to ruin my battles

does the engine being open now means that bugs like the graphic gliches when you get dismasted on NH can be fixed?
Yes, it can.

Those effects seem to have been caused by @konradk's "Different Flags" mod, which wasn't so much a proper feature as it was a VERY successful hack.
But with access to the source code, there's no need for a hack anymore.
it can be handled through the code properly; ensuring everything gets created and removed as it should; and no random garbage remains by accident.

It was the bug that maked me stop playing, I played mostly on Iron man mode and it used to ruin my battles
I hear GoF: Eras 2 has DirectSail too. So you could give that one a try? That doesn't feature the PotC:NH "Different Flags" code at all.

Reactions: Lrv
In New Horizons build for Maelstrom, there is no mast crash.

Nice!:bow

Is that the version that will come after you guys finish CoA Remastered? (so, long time until its ready)

Is there anything I can do to help?, for now I'm thinking on testing CoA Remastered Alpha to report bugs, I dont know If Im eligible for anything else other than play around with the files on notepad++ tweaking ships stats and fixing easy stuff like water lines, other than that I'm a clueless Powder Monkey :boom:

In New Horizons build for Maelstrom, there is no mast crash.

Oh just noticed, so if youre porting NH to Maelstrom, the fact that the old storm engine is open dosnt matter anymore? are both NH going to keep going or is there an intent to leave the old NH behind once everything is ported?, should I help testing on NH Maelstrom instead of CoA remastered ?

Oh just noticed, so if youre porting NH to Maelstrom, the fact that the old storm engine is open dosnt matter anymore? are both NH going to keep going or is there an intent to leave the old NH behind once everything is ported?, should I help testing on NH Maelstrom instead of CoA remastered ?

Well, if you own Maelstrom. You could give it a try. Whatever we achieve with Maelstrom is going to be open for the 2.9 engine. I use Maelstrom cause I have very big support from ChezJfrey who developed Maelstrom engine. And Maelstrom never crashed for me, but I guess that is normal for an engine which is in development for so many years now.

Once New Horizons has been ported to the open source engine, we can bundle it with the main mod.

I think the Maelstrom port can be considered an optional upgrade for now.

Development will continue on the original (non-Maelstrom) version as the primary version, but we will try to keep the Maelstrom version up to date as best we can going forward.

Once New Horizons has been ported to the open source engine, we can bundle it with the main mod.

I think the Maelstrom port can be considered an optional upgrade for now.

Development will continue on the original (non-Maelstrom) version as the primary version, but we will try to keep the Maelstrom version up to date as best we can going forward.

I see, so if I want to help with the primary version of NH, the best I can do now is test/report bugs of the ongoing CoA remastered? (if I understood correctly its the basement of NH so you will be working on that first?)

Well, if you own Maelstrom. You could give it a try. Whatever we achieve with Maelstrom is going to be open for the 2.9 engine.

I dont own it, but if it's the superior engine i'll have it in mind to contribute in the future

Back