• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine.exe

belzeburg

Sailor Apprentice
Since engine.exe seems to be a hot and troubled topic Are there any solution on this problem ?
The game seems almost hopeless to play. With an endless series of crashes. Maybie make an Virtual Windows XP, is the only hope ?

Belzeburg

There are a gazillion different possible reasons for the engine crashing.
If you want any help at all, you'll need to provide much more details on the specific issues.

For most players COAS is very dependable so as Pieter says, you have to give us a lot more information to work with to find your problem.

Ok, when engine.exe stop is With many ships involved. But i think I found some help. An update called - Windows6.1 KB958559-x64-RefreshPkg . This one make the game easier to run, and normal sound
I have W7

No I have Windows 7, was thinking how to make a Vitual Windows XP. Guess there are many problems to make a XP partisjon within W7. Matbie harder than a Wirtual Windows 98 in Windows XP
You are asking if the game runs better in XP ? Yes absolutely

Last edited:
Actually I was running COAS + CVM 1.5 on a 64 bit win 7,
and now running COAS + GOF 2.0 + 15b on a win 8, 64 bit, without crashes.

I even wrap it to OpenGL, (slows it down a lot) torture it with dx8 ENB effects, still very stable.

-Windowed fullscreen instead of "fullscreen only" helps stability,
-also I have a 4gb_patch.exe ,

And I do not use any compatibility settings for the start.exe.

I have an NVIDIA chipset, but AMD/ATI should handle it well, on win 7 I had AMD/ati. Im not sure about intel or other integrated vga, but I think it should run it well.

Do not use true fullscreen, use windowed instead with the resolution of your dekstop.

Yes, I have an all AMD system and GOF2 runs very well on it. Better than POTC does.

For me windowed fullscreen does not work well so experimenting for what works best on the individual system is required.

Back