• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Elizabeth Shaw Disappearance Different Outcomes

By the way, I can't find any ¿and ¡in "Octave Fabre_dialog.h" and "Davycrew_dialog.h". I see Oui?
You should find the ¿ and ¡ in the "Octave Fabre_dialog.h" and "Davycrew_dialog.h" which I uploaded. They may not be correct, of course!

"Oui" is indeed "Yes" in French. Octave Fabre is French. Occasional words in some dialog files are shown in the speaker's own language to show his nationality. Similarly, in the "Natividad Incident" quest for Hornblower, when a certain Spanish officer finds out that Hornblower has just given the Natividad to the rebel Don Julian Alvarado, he exclaims "Oh Capitán, Capitán, it can not be true!", using the Spanish word "Capitán" even though the file is in English and he is talking to British captain Hornblower.

I'm sorry, but I can't find that word you say.

I upload the 2 files correcting a little Spanish grammar, but I insist, I can't find that "and"

Attachments

• Davycrew_dialog.h
    1.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Octave Fabre_dialog.h
    2.3 KB · Views: 134
I was not clear. There is no extra "and" in either file. I added some Spanish ¿ marks and ¡ marks.

Thanks for correcting both files properly! :cheers Your savegame inside the naval academy is perfect for testing them.

In my game, the ENGLISH folder, is translated into Spanish. :rolleyes:
I wish you could upload the Davy Jones_dialog.h file in original English; I want to review it and if it is possible to correct the Spanish grammar, for the SPANISH folde

Try the attached file.

Alternatively, if you have enough space on your PC, create another installation of PoTC. Start with the CD's, then download and install both the mod files and the update archive. These are all to be found here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:8th November 2019]

That should include the "ENGLISH" folder in English, plus the "SPANISH" folder including your work. When you first run the game, go to "Options", then "Interface Options", where you should find the button to switch language. That is how I was able to check your savegame in Spanish.

Attachments

• Davy Jones_dialog.h
    2.5 KB · Views: 142
Okay, I will do so on another pc, because I need the original English files.

I upload the Davy Jones file with several fixes. I've tried it with the other files and it's going great, because I finished the mission of Elisabeht

Attachments

• Davy Jones_dialog.h
    2.6 KB · Views: 150
Okay, I will do so on another pc, because I need the original English files.
That will not be necessary, for two reasons.

One is that you can have as many installations as you like on the same PC. Just put them into different folders. I have three: the latest version, the previous version, and a basic version without any mods.

The other reason is that if you install Build 14 from here...
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:8th November 2019]
... then you get both English and Spanish. In "PROGRAM\DIALOGS", you will find the "ENGLISH" folder containing the original English files, and the "SPANISH" folder containing the Spanish translations (and also "RUSSIAN", though the Russian translation is less complete than the Spanish):
dialogs_folder.jpg

The game will start in English. Press "Options" to get the options menu, then press "Interface Settings", and you will be able to choose your language:
main_english.jpg options_english.jpg interface_settings_english.jpg language_select.jpg
Exit the "Interface Settings" section and you will find that the game is now in Spanish:
interface_settings_spanish.jpg main_spanish.jpg

I upload the Davy Jones file with several fixes. I've tried it with the other files and it's going great, because I finished the mission of Elisabeht
Thanks! And congratulations on completing the quest. :onya

Back