• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dutchman

Sherlockzor

The first Belgian Cpt. of the caribbean
Storm Modder
would it be possible to make a dutchman with triple guns in front? wich would actually work that way like
(comic book style) boom brrrr(turn) booom brrr (turn) boom

that would be awesome

It is possible to model triple guns and make them shoot, but making them rotate is imposible in this state, maybe when we have the source code someone can figure it out.
icon_wink.gif

Yep. We already did consider those triple bow chasers.
Sure they're not machine guns, but it's still more bow chasers than any other ship has.

It would be awesome to get the sound of the triple guns and make it work only in the Flying Dutchman triple guns. It is not necessary to make the guns turn, just get the sound and let the Dutchman to reload the triple guns almost instantly (if it havent been done already).

Personally I find six bow chasers a big enough advantage.
And it's simple to code. Don't particularly feel like trying to reduce loading times on the chasers only.
Might be complicated and it's not that important as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah the fact that every other ship on has 2, 1 or 0 bow chasers and the dutchman has 6 is a massive advantage

Indeed, but the advantage is very higher in the movie.

Well, it is only a matter of loyalty to the original Flying Dutchman in the movies, not necessarily an important thing.

It is possible to model triple guns and make them shoot, but making them rotate is imposible in this state, maybe when we have the source code someone can figure it out.
icon_wink.gif

when we will have the source itll just be a matter of preparing a simple animation ,same would go for other guns moving backward after fireing ,and gunport hatches

Once we get the source code we will have so much more we can achieve ;)

Yes the animation would be through code but the source code not the current code

icon_wink.gif

when we will have the source itll just be a matter of preparing a simple animation ,same would go for other guns moving backward after fireing ,and gunport hatches

xD: A 'simple' animation for cannon recoil & gunport hatches......hope it is Zareth :walkplank

It'll be quite a while I reckon before we can actually add new features through the source code.
First we need to successfully recompile it, then get it to work with all our previous modding work.
Then we can sing into what else we can add.

I do agree that animations on ships would be a very cool thing to add,
but it might also be a very complicated thing. We shall see. :shrug

It'll be quite a while I reckon before we can actually add new features through the source code.
First we need to successfully recompile it, then get it to work with all our previous modding work.
Then we can sing into what else we can add.

I do agree that animations on ships would be a very cool thing to add,
but it might also be a very complicated thing. We shall see. :shrug

I'll have a dabble at an animation & see what comes up....hopefully it can be later made to work ingame.

Back