• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dockyard in Pointe a Pitre gives obsolete fetch quest

Fluen

Freebooter
I play a game in which I'm a French castaway, who tries a life as a trader. Currently I sail to all French, Spanish and Pirate towns in search of rumoured fetch quests.

A rumour dated November 26th 1683 said, that the dockyard in Pointe a Pitre needed help, so I sailed there and arrived December 16th 1683. But when I spoke to the shipwright, the goods he required should have been delivered all back the 8th of August. This means, that the quest was obsolete even before the rumour spread.

This is the first time, I offer my services to that particular dockyard. And it's the first time an obsolete quest happens in this game, even though I've had two fetch quests at the same time before in this game.

However, I can see, that I have an open quest to bring the blacksmith from Havana goods before the 8th of February 1684. Is it possible, that there is a problem with years in the fetch quests as well?

Last edited:
There does seem to be a bug in that an expired quest ought to be removed but is not. But if the quest to Havana first showed up in late November or early December 1683 then an expiry date of 8th February 1684 is reasonable. The expiry date is randomised but can be up to 3 months and 28 days after the quest is first set.

(Of course, they didn't have radio back in the 17th century. News travelled by ship. If the ship bringing the news from Point a Pitre was seriously delayed on its way to wherever you saw the rumour, the "news" might have been out of date. This is one reason why, if I'm playing as a merchant, I tend to go for delivery quests from storekeepers rather than fetch quests. ;))

Try putting this into "PROGRAM\QUESTS". The check on expiry dates is changed a bit. Whether it will do any good, I'm not sure - it depends on how often expiry dates are checked. Since you're doing plenty of fetching now, see if it does make a difference, or whether you're still offered expired quests.

Attachments

• quests_common.c
    277.7 KB · Views: 46
I can't say for certain, that it worked. But I mostly think it did. I was too late to reach an couple of artisans with a fetchquest in time, and none of those tried to give me an obsolete fetchquest.

But it appears that the first obsolete quest (dockyard in Point a Pitre - expiration date August 8th 1683) kind of gets stuck with the poor shipwright. I heard another rumour, that he needed help, and approached him, but got the same obsolete quest again - a whole year late (July 1684). If it's just that one, that gets stuck, it's alright.

Perhaps I should take the quest and fail it, so the dockyard in Point a Pitre gets cleared fetchquestwise?

Back