• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Do It Yourself Pirate Ship!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]Who says you have to spend a fortune to build your own pirate ship! One enterprising pirate, a land locked lubber from the US state of Missouri, built his own in just 70 days! Captain Tim Woodson built his very own pirate ship, Gypsy Rose! Woodson used wooden planks to create a distinctive prow around his 77 Carver Mariner before adding a mast, sails and an authentic-looking pirate's steering wheel! I am a couple of months late on this story, but it is still pretty awesome!

"Our motto is, ‘It’s good to be a kid again.’ The two guys who helped me build this are in their 80s, and they loved working on this and being a part of this," said Woodson, who has been a commercial artist and a boater for 30 years and is an island-style solo singer. "I’ve always loved pirates and buried treasures. I always thought it would be great to go to the Caribbean and look for sunken treasure. I’ve seen ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ 50 times, looked at designs of ships, looked at Blackbeard and other pirates. I did a lot of research."

Woodson built the Gypsy Rose from an existing vessel, a twin-engine 1977 Carver. He worked on it three months last spring and finished the ship last winter with the help of two friends and his girlfriend, Martha Ifland, of Ballwin, Mo., who is known on the Gypsy Rose as "Wench Martha" to Woodson’s "Captain Tim."

Original story here :
http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles/ship-39800-grafton-mississippi.html

And you can find some great pictures taken while he was building the Gypsy Rose over at the Yachting and Boating World website HERE!

i always said that when i got sufficient money, i would transform a sail yatch into a pirate ship.

someone stole my idea :urgh

Back