• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Do companions ship disappear after a mutiny?

POOTIS

Powder Monkey
Hello,
So, an officer of mine mutinied on Hispanola after I captured his ship and turned against me. When I escaped and sailed to Tortuga for repairs his ship despawned, but the previous ships (the ones, which loaded when I loaded in the island) are there. Is there a code in the programming which would prevent a mutinied ship from despawning if you're at an island?

So, an officer of mine mutinied on Hispanola after I captured his ship and turned against me. When I escaped and sailed to Tortuga for repairs his ship despawned, but the previous ships (the ones, which loaded when I loaded in the island) are there. Is there a code in the programming which would prevent a mutinied ship from despawning if you're at an island?
General ships around an island and mutineer ships are generated in completely different ways; and so they're handled in completely different ways.
When a ship mutinies, I believe it might even technically KILL the original captain and replace him (her?) with a placeholder one.
Once you reload out of the scene, the game then considers the ship and captain dead and removes it from the game.

Back