• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Divide and Plunder questions

Kuplo

Landlubber
Im wondering about the divide and plunder.

If I have 8 ships and they are loaded to the rafters, and I divide and plunder, I will lose 7 ships.

But are those 7 ships sold off and the gold is added to my treasure total, and what about the goods that those ships are carrying? Is that also added to the total amount of gold that will be divided?

And just out of curiosity, why does the game take away my extra ships, why can't I keep them until I decide to sell them off? Im guessing that it has something to do in that when you start your career again in 6 months you only have a minimal crew and probably can't man all the ships that you had before, but it seems to me that could have been tweaked.

Anyway, the most important thing to me is what happens to the extra ships that are taken away and there cargo.

Thank

No, you'll have to sell off the goods and ships before you plunder if you want to get any gold at all for them.

I'm just guessing that some of the crew that leaves get the ships and sail off or something... only logical explanation i have. And storing 8 ships in the harbor for 6 months isn't really logical either. But I think the game should automatically have counted for at least part of the value of the ships and cargo.

Just make sure you sell your ships and cargo before you divide the plunder. Think of the ships and cargo as all part of the total assets for the expedition. When the expedition is over and the profits are tallied up, they all figure into that. The flagship is yours... but the rest of it belongs to the "crew". So, sell it off and split the profits.

Hmmmm, but that is a dilema, because just as Im about to go to port so that I can D&P, my crew is almost mutinous, so I can't sail around selling the goods that we have in the ships holds because then the crew would be mutinus, and the traders dont have enough gold to buy what we have in our stores even though Im the highest rank in the port that Im visiting. So I guess something needs to be tweaked here so that either it takes into account what you have in your ships and the ships themselves towards your total treasury, or they need to make traders on the ports have more gold so that they can buy up what you have.

Back