• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

DirectSail help

matthewnlu

Landlubber
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I didn't know where else to ask this. I've installed the lastest Build 14 beta patch and I've been playing around with it (great job by the way!!); the one thing I don't know how to do is use DirectSail.

I've toggled it to Activated by hitting zero while in sailing mode. Now what? I don't know what to press (which icons or commands) to use DirectSail. Can someone please give me instructions?

Thanks!

There is nothing to do really - just check that Direct Sail is active -as you have - then use the archepeligo map in your inventory to work out which direction you want to sail in to get to the next island.

And sail in that direction - after a while you will get a log message saying you are approaching the island & a little later you will get the Land Ho loading screen as you arrive at the island.

That is all there is to it. - as you sail you may also encounter objects in the water or other ships, just as you would if you were using the world map to sail.

:keith

Yeah it really is! Now you can simply sail around the whole caribbean in the first-person/3D sailing mode and actually travel between the islands in real time(or speeded up time using 'R' and 'G' toggles etc), having ships encounters like in real life(well as good as the game can model it). It makes the whole thing come to life in terms of role playing a real vessel in this time period. Awesome work by the modder CCC, easily my favourite new feature in build mod 14 :sail

remember before you had to go into the overhead map navigation mode(the 2D world view for sailing) to travel between islands, now you can do it all in the full 3D mode! You just need to be good at navigation, and buying the maps will help you pick out coastline features to get your bearings, and also having a good compass will give you your heading to further improve your accuracy in navigation using the Direct Sail mode. Awesome sauce!

oh and welcome to the forum and taking part in the beta testing of this great mod :gday

Back