• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

difficulty level

tarsus

Landlubber
What is an actual difference when changing difficulty level? There are 10, and I read somewhere, that changing it, it actually does not do anything noticeable in the game...

There has been some debate on this.. I think its mre a matter of opinion. The Harcore version only allows you to save in church's (I think) which does add a lot more difficulty to the game.

The main difference between the difficulty settings is the starting level of the enemies. At sailor they are lower, at impossible they are higher. The quest NPC are with preset levels depending on the difficulty, all the other enemies are gaining XP and this gaining levels exactly as the Hero. But their rate of XP gain is preset to lowest possible so even at impossible after some time the hero will surpass them providing you leave the slider in the options for Hero XP gain in the middle. If you put this slider at min he will gain XP at the same rate as the the enemies so at impossible they always remain with higher levels then him. Again - this is true only about the generic enemies. All the quest enemies have preset levels and don't gain XP and don't raise their levels.

There has been some debate on this.. I think its mre a matter of opinion. The Harcore version only allows you to save in church's (I think) which does add a lot more difficulty to the game.

The main pronlem with the hardcore game (iron man mode) is not the difficulty but the crashes of the game. Especially crashes when saving the game makes the hardcore game PITA.

Back