• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Devlin Opera compatibility issues

tercioviejo

Sailor Apprentice
Hello Testing Devlin Opera, so good Turks, The chosen Jack Gold´s is really nice, I chose Mings as a companion, but on arriving at Nevis, when inside the pirate house, talk to Paul and start talking Mings, when it is assumed that should speak skull, from what I saw in Bethesda Softworks \ Pirates of the Caribbean \ PROGRAM \ Storyline \ DevlinOpera \ dialogs \ ENGLISH Skull_dialog, he is not in the room is Isembrant and what he says is ah you're not pirate bla, bla, bla and there can no longer continue. I tested at any time you choose spanish main, golden age of ... ; Napoleonic , etc ...

as you will see in quests_reaction appears this
case "Mings_buts_in"
characters [GetCharacterIndex ("Sir Christopher Mings")] Dialog.Filename = "Sir Christopher Mings_dialog.c.";
LAi_SetActorType (characterFromID ("Sir Christopher Mings"));
LAi_ActorDialog (characterFromID ("Sir Christopher Mings"), PChar, "" 10.0,1.0);
Characters [GetCharacterIndex ("Sir Christopher Mings")] dialog.currentnode = "Mings_buts_in_at_QC.";
break;

case "Skull_speaks_up"
LAi_SetActorType (characterFromID ("Isenbrandt Jurcksen"));
LAi_ActorDialog (characterFromID ("Isenbrandt Jurcksen"), PChar, "" 10.0,1.0);
break;

No I know if changing "Isenbrandt Jurcksen"
for "Skull" could fix what is going to look and tell you.

tercioviejo greetings

Ok nothing changed.

still appears , a message in the upper left corner of the screen referring to an immediate dialogue lost mind after talking with John

Paul Jones who tells you this in the wrong chair, etc .. says time to talk with Skull , enters the conversation above Mings but I get this message

ERROR -quest name Mings_step_in Not found IN any function

The Devlin Opera storyline in not finished and I believe you have reached the end of it.

Also, it looks like you installed POTC into your PROGRAM folder. That is a big nono and I am surprised your game runs at all. You really need to move your POTC folder from program files directly onto your hard drive. POTC is self contained and all you need to do is just move that folder.

@tercioviejo: Yep, you're definitely right.
I found two issues: Skull's character init entry was missing for Beta 3.5 and the "Mings_step_in" quest case was supposed to be "Mings_buts_in".
Just made the changes to fix this; testing now....

yesterday I appeared this message on the screen, that he commanded my compile file to the official website for an error .

Ok forgot at the moment I dont readed we have a new update I will donwload and install maybe the issue changed.

thx

Attachments

• compile.log
    119.9 KB · Views: 105
Was there an on-screen log message requesting you to report this? Did the message report a "danger of capsizing" or was it on a reload from sea to shore?

In that case the compile.log file you uploaded isn't the right one. There is no reference to that in there. :confused:

In that case the compile.log file you uploaded isn't the right one. There is no reference to that in there. :confused:
True Truth is that I came out a couple of times, but the first time I thought it was a boat that capsized , and yesterday readed the message that it communicated to the official website , but kept playing , and when finished was to copy , the compiled file.
thanks

Back