• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Dead Danielle AI

Maria47

Powder Monkey
Hi, me again :I

I noticed this right after returning Clement to his lighthouse, I then decided to retake Bridgetown for funsies and noticed she still wasn't moving at all. She doesn't talk, move, or anything.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave.rar
    906.5 KB · Views: 174
What happened near the end at Cozumel? There should have been the video of Nathaniel, Danielle and Clement running away from the exploding temple, then Clement should have talked to you before you teleported to sea for the battle against the Black Pearl.

And how did the conversation at the lighthouse go? You should have talked to Clement about not being able to get back to the temple, he wants to study more and you want the gold. Then you should have talked to Danielle. If you've already been to Port Royale and talked to the governor, the conversation should end with planning to take over the Caribbean. If you have not already been to Port Royale then the conversation should end with you suggesting going there and Danielle agreeing. In that case she's probably waiting for you to make good on that suggestion...

What happened near the end at Cozumel? There should have been the video of Nathaniel, Danielle and Clement running away from the exploding temple, then Clement should have talked to you before you teleported to sea for the battle against the Black Pearl.

And how did the conversation at the lighthouse go? You should have talked to Clement about not being able to get back to the temple, he wants to study more and you want the gold. Then you should have talked to Danielle. If you've already been to Port Royale and talked to the governor, the conversation should end with planning to take over the Caribbean. If you have not already been to Port Royale then the conversation should end with you suggesting going there and Danielle agreeing. In that case she's probably waiting for you to make good on that suggestion...

Yeah, that all happened. She died after that last conversation. I managed to wake her up again, just swapped her out and back in again. When she woke up she asked about 'Us' (again) and she's been since since.

It can't all have happened because there is a choice of two dialog paths! ;) Version 1 happens if you went to Port Royale before going to the lighthouse, in which case there are a couple more lines about taking over the Caribbean, after which Danielle should behave almost like any other officer. Version 2 happens if you have not yet been to Port Royale to see about a reward for defeating Silehard. Looking at the code and what you said, it's probably version 2.

I can probably write a bit more dialog for Danielle so that, once you've hinted that there may be a reward for Silehard, she'll keep nagging you until you go to collect it - she's disappointed that she didn't get any loot from the temple so a share of the reward is all she's getting out of all this. The questbook could probably do with some work too. Early versions of Build 14 had a different map layout on which it made more sense to take Clement home before going to see about Silehard, but Port Royale is pretty well on a direct line between Cozumel and Barbados so you may as well go to Port Royale first. In any case, even if I do any of this, it won't be generally available before the next update - in a month or two, unless there's something still wrong with this month's update that breaks the game.

Meanwhile, go to Port Royale and get the reward for Silehard! :p

@Maria47: here's a mini-update with revised dialog files for Danielle as well as a revised "After Final" questbook. Copy the files into place, then load a saved game, preferably from before the battle against the Black Pearl and certainly before you've been to either Port Royale or the lighthouse. If you use a savegame from after the battle, you won't see the revised questbook but the fixed dialog files should take effect.

Attachments

• standard_update.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 167
@Maria47: here's a mini-update with revised dialog files for Danielle as well as a revised "After Final" questbook. Copy the files into place, then load a saved game, preferably from before the battle against the Black Pearl and certainly before you've been to either Port Royale or the lighthouse. If you use a savegame from after the battle, you won't see the revised questbook but the fixed dialog files should take effect.

Aw, I didn't have any issues with Danielle since this so I've been playing a bit more. Is the questbook revision important enough to go back to Cozumel?

The questbook doesn't affect gameplay. The new line just puts the bit about taking Clement home at the end so that you're more encouraged to do the sensible thing, which is go to Port Royale first:
Well, the big battle is over and we've defeated the Black Pearl, which would have been impossible if not for that artifact Danielle found. I wonder what the English think of us now! They must know Silehard betrayed them. Perhaps if we sail to Port Royale on Jamaica there will be a reward. But no diplomat will be able to fix this unless we give them all we've gained, and I won't do that! In any case, when we arrive at Jamaica, we'll have to get into town the back way, overland from Rocky Shore, just in case the English still feel unkindly towards us. But I have a feeling it will be all right. We should take Clement back to his lighthouse home on Barbados too.
You only need to refight the final battle if you want to see that in your questbook. Otherwise, if you have a savegame from before you took Clement home, load it up and see how Danielle behaves with the new dialogs. Then you can load up your most recent savegame and continue where you left it.

This is your reward for finding the bugs - you get a preview of the attempted fix and you can try to break it. :D

Back