• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Custom Year Reset to Storyline Default on WorldMap

Nightmare

Freebooter
hello everybody today i just need to point this out when i want to change my year on the latest version of beta 3.5 may the 10th it rests to the default year witch is 1682 want to be in the year 1750 but when i change it i rests here are some screen shots. as you can see as soon as i go to the world map i changes the date i dont know if this is a bug so if you can help me out and let me know that will be nice thanks for reading

Attachments

• ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-27-07-33.png
    ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-27-07-33.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 112
  • ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-27-58-34.png
    ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-27-58-34.png
    227 KB · Views: 119
  • ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-28-03-08.png
    ENGINE 2015-05-11 12-28-03-08.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 82
What options do you select in the Select Storyline interface?
I can't test anything if I don't know exactly how to replicate the problem.

Also, if I understand correctly, the year is correct at game start but changes after going onto the worldmap?

Last edited:
I just checked and it does change the date. I have not installed the latest patch yet.

I chose Brave Black Flag and moved the date up to 1720. Went to sea and then the world map, then back to direct sail and the date was 1682 again.

So let's see if I get this right:
1. Start Brave Black Flag on default settings, date ends up correct
2. Start Brave Black Flag with the starting year changed to 1720 and it is reset back to the original default year after returning from the worldmap

Right?

I do vaguely remember having to play with some worldmap date code before. Perhaps that is acting up here now.
Will have a look tonight.

While the period should remain correct (e.g. nation relations, ships uses, soldier uniforms, etc.), this still doesn't make sense and needs to be fixed.

For some reason, the worldmap looked at the storyline instead of whatever you selected in the interface.

I tested the following ways:
- Start Brave Black Flag with starting year changed to 1720 as per @Hylie Pistof's suggestion
- Make a savegame on the pier
- Go to worldmap, year remained 1720 as it should
- Close the game, load the savegame and try again

Needed to make sure that the variables didn't get cleared for whatever reason.
So I think I've got this fixed. Extract attached to PROGRAM\WorldMap and start a new game to give it a try.

Attachments

• worldmap_init.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 78
I did the same except did not save the game and the date went back to 1682. This is after installing your file.

Are you absolutely sure you installed that fix correctly?
I just tried it again, this time without saving, and the year remained 1720 just like it should.

For my test, I also immediately skipped the tutorial as I always do.
Shouldn't make a difference, but anyway.... :shrug

Back