• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Cursed Pearl, Davy Jones and HTC final bording

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
First : When i selected the Cursed Pearl Apparence from the shiyard to the Pearl, its sinking and its releasing some kind of fog. Why?
Second: How can i play as Davy Jones? I've searched and say that is form the console.c, but whatahell is that?
Final: I've beating the HTC, but when i do a land party or board some ship, nothing happens! I have a first battle and them,appear the sea icon, i press f3 and spacebar but nothing happens! I also try to press f11 but also bugs!

1. The fog is an intentional feature, to replicate the cursed appearance of the ship from the first film. The ship certainly shouldn't be sinking though; I'm not sure what's wrong there. :modding

2. Open PROGRAM\Console.c in your main game folder, and scroll down until you find this section:
Code:
        // Models and Times (for screenshot-making)
        // ------------------
        //    GiveModel2Player("Jack",true);
To get Davy Jones, replace "Jack" with "DavyJones" (ensure there is no space between Davy and Jones), and remove the "//" from the beginning of the line. Save the file.
Now, start POTC and either start a new game or load a savegame, and press F12 while on land. Your character should change to Davy Jones.

3. I'm not sure what happened here. Someone else might have an answer, but it sounds as though something went wrong with that savegame.
Can you reload from an earlier save and see if it works properly?

Back