• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ctd when going shore to smuggle

Nb7

Sailor Apprentice
Hi! i hope everything goes well.

I'm on the latest version of october 2023 was it?
So i have like 500 ebony, which sells to smugglers in jamaica
I wait for the correct hour to go to shore in the ship, to be honest i don't like that mechanic, i prefer to be a chance or something else to get caught without going through all that, more fun imo.
But, the game crashes loading rocky shore everytime.
There something i should do, or i am stuck with this quest, it has a time limit right?

Thanks for the mod, i come back to play it.

After the game crashes, post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists.

You don't have to go through the whole procedure. After you've talked to the smuggler in the tavern, don't bother looking for a soldier or sending an officer, just talk to the smuggler again to set up the deal. Or ignore what the soldier told you - which might be wrong anyway. Go to the beach at night, as real smugglers did, because you're less likely to be seen and caught at night than in broad daylight.

So after 3 crashes, i swapped ships and it worked, at first all the goods was on the second captured ship i had. Maybe if there is zero smuggled things on you main ship it crashes idk.

After the game crashes, post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists.

You don't have to go through the whole procedure. After you've talked to the smuggler in the tavern, don't bother looking for a soldier or sending an officer, just talk to the smuggler again to set up the deal. Or ignore what the soldier told you - which might be wrong anyway. Go to the beach at night, as real smugglers did, because you're less likely to be seen and caught at night than in broad daylight.

Thanks for the tip!! i will do that.
i have the logs off, i have a low end pc. I thought it could increase performance a bit. But now i got past the ctd, thanks.

Last edited:
Back