• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crew questions

sharjin

Landlubber
2 questions 1st why do i lose men every time i board a ship despite the fact that none of my guys die in the fight i lose like a third of my crew every time

2nd why does morale keep going down i have rum i always keep it between 100-300 so why does it go down all the time

thanks

I'm not sure I can answer your second question, but in regards to the first, the crew that you see while boarding is just a representation of the total # of crew aboard your ship.

So for example you have 500 crew, you board a ship and you see five men with you, these five men would represent 100 crew. So if each of them lose half their health, then that means you lost 50 men for every man. 50 men multiplied by five is 250. That means you just lost 250 men in the fight.

It is possible that math isn't correct though, I've seen a post before that has a whole different set a #'s based on some crew #'s and percentages in the shipsinit file.

2nd why does morale keep going down i have rum i always keep it between 100-300 so why does it go down all the time

thanks

:gday mate,

I think it mentions somewhere in the game (maybe on the ship/crew interface) that if your crew hasn't done much for a while, such as fight a battle, board a ship, then their morale slowly declines... in essence it means you need to keep your crew busy, keep 'em occupied being corsairs, sailors, etc. :ixi I'm not sure what level it declines to, somewhere around average at a guess. :shrug

Hope that helps, mate.

Cheers

:cheers

on crew deaths i switched from a schooner to a sloop and now i dont lose any men even though they get hit but dont die

on morale it goes down to rebellious even though i fight like 4-5 battles a month

on crew deaths i switched from a schooner to a sloop and now i dont lose any men even though they get hit but dont die

on morale it goes down to rebellious even though i fight like 4-5 battles a month

With overload it is no wonder the morale plumets otherwise with enough battle(4-5/month should be enough indeed)and loot plus rum you shouldn`t have any problem keepin them happy mate for literally months!!! :onya

With overload it is no wonder the morale plumets otherwise with enough battle(4-5/month should be enough indeed)and loot plus rum you shouldn`t have any problem keepin them happy mate for literally months!!! :onya
Sorry ...
Ok for the rhum, and no overload...
But is easier to pay gold the crew to boost morale.
It seems to me a false problem.

Back