• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crashing

BobbaFett

Sailor Apprentice
My game keeps crashing whenever I go out to sea, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't :c
How do I stop all this crashing, also sometimes it turns a blue screen with a weird sound and the only way to remove it is to switch off the pc and turn it back on...
Help please?

a bit more description would be good.. what do you which ship do you use what are your system-specs...

I use the Black Pearl from the console.
My specs are bad.. :s
512MB Ram and 64mb Graphics card and my Graphics card is Via Chrome 9

ouuhh.. dude thats just not enough.. I think your graphics card just can't handle the game.. was the same with me at big ship decks

I'm getting 2GB ram next week or so :c
Where do I set the graphics from, I can't seem to find it.

I think RAM isn't the only thing which is too low.. your graphics card is the problem.

You can set in engine.ini the resolution to 640x480.
And in InternalSettings the particle effects.. just search for them´;)

There is a recent thread around here...somewhere where the code to change from 32 bit graphics to 16 bit graphics is hidden.

You have a notebook integrated video card so your only real hope is to buy another computer in the long run.

Last edited:
16 vs 32 bit:
Code:
screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8   : D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 = 32-bit, D3DFMT_R5G6B5 = 16-bit

What modpack version is that? Weird sound when loading to sea can happen when ship models don't have collision detection.
We fixed that for ALL Build Mod ships a long time ago though.

Back