• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crashing a lot.

BobbaFett

Sailor Apprentice
Hello.
Since I downloaded the BETA3 I've been crashing a lot.
I don't know what files to upload to show you what type of crashing ><

When do these crashes occur? Can't figure anything out if we don't have all of the information you can give us.

Sometimes, whenever I get in a swordfight or while sailing 3D mode.
Here are the files.

Attachments

• system.log
    15.5 KB · Views: 99
  • error.log
    21.2 KB · Views: 81
  • compile.log
    37.9 KB · Views: 113
This doesn't make any sense at all:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 1917
missed attribute: tutorial_deck
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 1918
missed attribute: tutorial_deck
That would be referring to these two totally unrelated lines:
Code:
    float psZ = MakeFloat(pchar.Ship.Pos.z);
     float ix = MakeFloat(worldMap.islands.(Island).position.rx);

And CTDs during swordfights? Haven't seen that before. Ashore or during boardings?

I've been seeing worldmap related error logs frequently before, but never quite that many.
I'll see if I can figure that one out at some point though. :modding

I did a boarding yesterday, went very good, but when I'm around the jungles and those group of bandits start fighting, it crashes.

Bandits in jungles causing crashes? Now that is DEFINITELY a first! :shock
If that occurs, please post your logs here.

Has anyone else ever had that?

yes, with my current (hope soon-to-be old) laptop. when it's raining, my graphics card (some really bad ATI onboard card) doesn't make it and then it crashes (similar to my large shipdeck problems)

Nope, for me I never had any CTDs during land(sword) and boarding fights since my first time playing the game back to the original potc.

EDIT: plus, i mostly fight in the jungles with them bandits 'cause they have really good weapons. I just take a good number of crew members with me so i can circle around, plan and make a good move..hehehe :guns:

Last edited:
It's only happening to the BETA3 but right now, for example, I went to dock at Turks and just crashed..

I've been seeing worldmap related error logs frequently before, but never quite that many.
I'll see if I can figure that one out at some point though. :modding
Just did a bit of testing with that and now I cannot seem to replicate the problem.
Can you remember what island(s) you were sailing around at the time?

It's not a consistent problem there then; I went past all three and haven't gotten a single worldmap-related error.
I'll keep an eye out for it. I do hate inconsistent problems though; they're so hard to fix when I can't even replicate it. :modding

What are your system specifications? Could maybe be an old (or too new xD) graphics-driver which is making problems.
Do you know how to create a dxdiag?

My system spec are super shit at the moment since I'm no longer at my friend's house.
512MB Ram
64MB Graphic Card
:'c
I heard what's a DXDiag
But forgot

oh god... with that specs it's now wonder why your game crashes all the time... your graphics card just doesnt make it. 64MB and I think you said earlier that it is still AGP... 512MB RAM is even for newer OS not enough^^.
For a dxdiag, you have to click on execute (I suppose you have Win XP?) and then tip in "dxdiag". Now the directX diagnostics-tool should open. Then there should be a button which says "Save all Information" or something like that (I'm german so I don't know exactly what it's called in other Windows-languages). Your PC should now offer you to save the file "dxdiag.txt" somewhere. Save it and post it here, please ;)

I know right.
I need to invest in a good pc.
Anyways the Graphic Card is a VIA CHROME 9
Here's the file mate.

EDIT: On the normal Builmod 14 without the BETA3 update it doesn't crash as much as it crashes with BETA3 tho.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    55.4 KB · Views: 86
i suggest mod13 then(in regard with your system specs). much lighter for your computer to handle.

OMG.. I just looked the hardware-specs of your graphics card up. Dude.. this is not even an AGP... this is an OnBoard-card.. You could say you don't really have a graphics card.
250Mhz clock speed... even my graphics card has 400Mhz and ~500MB space and still has problems with PotC.

The internet says it's an Laptop-VGA-card.. so do you have a Laptop or a Desktop-PC? Because for a Desktop-PC you would only have to buy a simple PCI-E graphics card and everything should be O.K. .. your processor looks good with 2.2 Ghz and well.. RAM could be more but I think with WinXP it should be at the lower limit to play PotC^^

Drivers are ok, but thats no wonder.. when you don't have a graphics-card you also don't need a driver :D

Back