• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crashes

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
EDIT: shutting down a background process on my computer seemed to resolve the crashes.

Hi,

In my past game, I never once had a crash in many hours of playing.

But on my new game, I seem to be getting frequent crashes, and I can't figure out why. It is always while my character is walking. It has happened in the jungle, and in town, and within buildings. The game freezes, and then windows reports the program has stopped working.

The last time was in the tavern. There was no error file, but here is the contents of the system file:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 41557510 ticks.
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Warning: NPCharacter -> trace node not found

Both games were castaway start. Last one (without crashes) was Hispaniola, this one was on barbados. Both use the standard nathanial hawk model. I'm wearing a leither cuiras in this one, if that matters (but the model doesn't seem to change, so I imagine that isn't the problem).

Does anyone have any ideas? I imagine the problem isn't some saved game corruption and I shouldn't start over or anything, right? Maybe Barbados has more stuff going on so it crashes more? Anything I can do to reduce frequency?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
any more info?
Computer specs etc.

Thanks Levis. I apologize, I forgot I had posted this a couple of days ago.

Yesterday, I figured out where the crashes might be coming from (a background process running on my computer that when I shut it off almost entirely eliminated the crashes).

Sorry about forgetting to edit initial post to say it was no longer an issue!

Back