• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

crashes when island transfer happens

kaizerkat

Freebooter
when i sail to another island and when the Land HO screen appears, sometimes i get a crash and start over from my last save and then again it will crash at sail ho. third time i get through, although i do not see as many enemy ships anymore in my own waters meaning around my home island or any other friendly island, i can sail to an enemy island and there are a few ships there. anyway here is what the error message reads "
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 751
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 751
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch

more concerned about the crashes btw

Those error messages are something to do with saving a game. I often see them and they don't appear to cause any trouble, even to the saved game.

Have you changed anything about ship encounters in "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h"?

b14 final and no i have not touch the ship encounters, wait, maybe i changed the type of ship of ship size for example, pirates ship size max was 4 and i changed it to 2 thats all, did not touch fleet encounter still at 0.0

these two crashes happen quite often, the first one u already have been informed and this one
RUNTIME ERROR - file: NK.c; line: 4511
invalid index -1 [size:1100]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: NK.c; line: 4511
function 'CheckCharacterCurse' stack error

this occurs when i leave shore and the port and when im on ships deck to sail from just to clarify. i.e when im on the ships deck and i hit the sea icon and boom get a crash i will try it again sometimes twice then i can go to sea, but wonder did i lose something cause in the past versions there was always a pair of enemies lurking off coast not so much with this version so it seems...lately i have to sail to enemy waters to battle

one more thing which is a different issue, when i go to pick up cargo floating in the sea after sinking a ship, even though i sail over the cargo sometimes it does not bring it aboard, yesterday i sailed over it twice and no pick up, my ship is the RN_Neptunis.

Next time it crashes, post the files "compile.log" and "system.log". Don't copy and paste the contents of the files; use the "Attach files" button to add the files themselves to your post.

Can you upload a savegame? You'll need something like 7-Zip to compress the file first, otherwise the forum will not accept it.

Back