• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Crash after Cozumel Eruption Scene

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
:ahoy:nerbzHello! So I'm playing the Main Storyline (arcade mode) and my game keeps crashing after the scene where Danielle gets the orb and Cozumel erupts. I tried skipping the scene and it still gives me the abnormal runtime termination error during the loading screen. Please advise. I think this is just me hence why I posted here.

.log files and my latest save are attached.

EDIT: Confirmed. It was all me. I tried reloading my save for the 5th time and this time it magically worked. I don't know, I went to RivaTuner and reduced the max FPS cap from 120fps to 80fps, reload my save and went all the way I even tried playing the entire scene just to see and it worked. I put it back to 120fps, played the scene, skipped the scene and it worked again. So I don't know what happened. It might be time to delete my 'options' file. BUT it still generated an error.log though. Try my save and play it all the way until you finish off the Black Pearl, you might get it too.

Attachments

• compile.log
    6.2 KB · Views: 59
  • error.log
    171 bytes · Views: 59
  • system.log
    716 bytes · Views: 61
  • -=Test 1=- Cozumel.7z
    775.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
New problem, different scene and area. I now keep crashing when I go to Jamaica after finishing the main storyline to collect the bounty for Silehard.

EDIT: Okay, this thing got fixed again after playing around with the fps cap. Something is up with these crashes. I'm just not certain if it's the fps that's causing it. Is it too much? Too little? For now, I have it at 80fps using RivaTuner.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.7 KB · Views: 63
  • system.log
    548 bytes · Views: 59
  • -=Test 1=- Open Sea September 1st, 1752 1.7z
    785.1 KB · Views: 57
First, try the usual thing - delete "options". ;) As you know, this can become corrupted, especially if the game has previously crashed due to other reasons.

Having said that, I sometimes get crashes when I leave either Port Royale town hall or church, especially after quest business, so I'm in the habit of saving game at both locations just before I walk out of the door.

Oh yes, that's one of the first things I did. That sneaky "options" file could be dreadful alright but after resetting everything, I got it again after not even 20min of play which makes me wonder if it's all in the fps. But even with the maelstrom engine, I get crashes. But we'll see how it goes for now. The options file is still pretty fresh at this moment and fps limit to 80.

Back