• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CONCERT (review): Musical "Melting Pot" (2022 July 18, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)

What I had wished I could say to the two artists in person:

"You are beautiful people.

What ways might there be of contacting you?
I have questions.
And I may have more."

Sure, I might also have thoughts; and deeper impressions; and potentially constructive and/or destructive FEEDBACK.
But on the whole, they both deserve a true genuine WOW!!

A special comment though on the "encore", which was SO much still in development by this creative duo that it was merely titled as "[the guy's piece]".
I believe it was AMAZING!
It started being very similar to the rest of what he did during the hour before.
But then he started (ab)using that AMAZING immediately inherently Arab instrument of his to do something COMPLETELY different.
He started using it as percussion with his hands. Now THAT is something NEW!! Of HIS ACTUAL OWN!!!

And that actually brings me to what I would wish to be further added for some hypothetical future version.
Between the two of them, there was primarily only a FEMALE actual literal voice heard; with only very shortly a male's one.
That male voice had been pre-recording; and did not sing, but recited. Poetry to be exact.
It was an old man's voice. A poet's (now deceased, if I understood correctly). He was reciting from his own poetry.
And the lady layered her own singing voice on top.

That was AWESOME! VERY interesting choice. And I can only ADMIRE it.
But there was one element throughout the entirety of the duo-performance that remained VERY conspicuous by its ABSENCE!

The guy of the duo was a young, handsome lad. Came across as a very decent sort at heart.
Despite..
At ZERO MOMENTS during the entire evening did we hear ANY sound coming out of his mouth.
For all we might know, he could be an actual mute.

I believe, for something to truly be worthy of the name "HIS music piece",
I reckon he deserves to let also HIS actual literal VOICE to be heard.
Even if it is merely a single SHOUT; or even merely just a single SOUND of any kind.
Steven Hawking of all people even managed to have a very recognizable voice.
Despite....

I bought TWO copies of the CD that was there on sale.
I literally just finished listening to it.

It is good.
A very different experience indeed to the concert itself.

Which is only logical, as it is (for me) sort of a "sequel".
Even if, in reality, it is actually an actual PREQUEL.

Either way, there is very little overlap between the content of the CD and the concert.
Except for ONE particular piece; which indeed was announced during the concert as being on the disc.
This particular piece managed to trigger actual tears coming out of my eyes when listening.
And indeed, in both the concert AND on the CD, it is VERY notably different compared from everything surrounding it.
Because...
Oh come on, hypothetical reader!
By now you have dug THREE LEVELS DEEP for your spoilers.

THIS one I am keeping to myself for now.
Not ALL should be reveiled on moment numero UNO!

Back