• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Computer problems again

Hi,

this very much sounds like a very bad virus. Since it corrupted so much stuff, unfortunatly my advice would be to reinstall the system again :(

Keep in mind thou that if it is a virus and if it is a decent one it might replicate itself to other partitions or flash drive and come back once you reinstall the sys once you insert flash/or if you didnt format other partitions.

Sorry i couldnt help you in any meaningfull way. I would reinstall with freshly formated partitions and see from there as it would be the fastest way to fix stuff

Last edited:
Looks a bit far gone. Does not look like your GUI (windows explorer) has crashed. Most likely this is the result of a virus or intrusion into your system if it was hardware it would not be running at all or boy howdy you would hear a noise from your hard drive your only options that i know of would be a system restore to a backup maybe use a restore point but those don't do toss in my experience.

If that doesn't work probably hold off untill somebody who probably knows more than me chimes in but possibly time to re install the operating system from scratch or take your PC to a pc repair business in your town/city where they can take a look at it and maybe recover your data there's usually at least one or two around my town has 250,000 people and we have 9 that i know of.

Sure Thag, sorry about that :) Appearently that Fora is not that active, so i'm not expecting any help from there soon. I guess i'l try to at least find or identify the virus. If that won't work i guess a clean install is the way to go :( Thanks for the help!

It is certainly not the most active forum on PA, but is the most appropriate for the content. Any post will appear in the "New Posts" forum menu option and will get seen that way.

Im on about 18% now, scanned about 1,3 million files and i allready found 7 detections and 5 warnings. Not looking good so far :nerbz

It's also a question if it will find the virus responsible for it. Also from your description many of the system stuff are now corrupted so the best bet would be to reinstall it.

The number of detections also doesnt bode well.

P.S. Thats a lot of files :D

I have had viruses that actually placed themselves in the hard drive firmware/MBR somehow. Every time I would reinstall (completely offline with no other hardware connected) the OS would immediately attempt to connect to a server and download things. Some of these viruses are really advanced now.

Yes. Virusus are alot nastier now. I did manage to get rid of at least 2 Trojans, and 6 Malware errors. Pfieuw. I have the idea i'm close to allright now, but i have a friend coming over who is going to do some nerdy magic tricks and check my system more in depht then Bill Gates himself ever could :p And Cpt. Iwan, in total i had 184 Million files :razz

Viruses can get very bad. I got a stealth virus once that not even DOD grade formats could erase and had to toss some hard drives.

Back