• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Commanding multiple ships.

Thorium

Landlubber
I seem to have an enormous trouble when it comes down to commanding multiple ships and even only two is a huge deal. They just don't seem to follow commands properly and do whatever they wish.

Example: I order my Lady Stoneheart to board this spanish galleon filled with booty. BAM, she just rams into it and fills it with explosive cannon balls. The ship sinks. ( The ship has all 4 types of cannon balls )

Example: I order the ship to sail away and avoid combat.. She goes directly in the enemy line, rams an enemy ship and sinks due to enemy fire. There goes my class 1 warship with 569 crew and filled with gold I entrusted to my best officer.

Is there some mod that offers advanced commands or at least be able to choose their ammunition for them?

good question im curios how you tell them that much mine just follow me and attck what im attacking!

?

read the manual...
you can order them what to use for ammo. 5=ball 6=shrapnel 7=chain 8=bomb 9=chose at your own desire.
then think: if 9; then the ships will check distance and use the ammo that is appropriate for the distance.
ball, chain, bomb, shrapnel.

then learn:
when the enemy draws close on the big map, as soon as the "anchor" symbol appears, hit space.
what happens? you get the "enemy ship spotted --> egage?" menu.
Say NO.
let them come closer.

closer...

hit space again.
"enemy spottet - engage?"
NO! HOLD FIRE!

let them get closer still.
hit space.
"ship spotted - shoot? not yet - keep your frikkin nerves, you bloody noob!"

Orientation is key!
the friends (with the gold) are always in line with you. behind you.
make sure that on the big map, your nose points towards the enemy.
what your job is, is to protect the gold galleon from being attainable.boardable. burnable. sinkable
Your job is to block the path between you and the bad guys.

point your nose at the bad guys in the big map. do it at all costs.
NOW engage the fight.

Tell your friends to lower sail. to duck and lay still yo they sails dont get shredded.
Defend them: either beat the shit out of the enemies, or use ball and chain to f*** up their rigging and sails.
then run like hell , and hit P to make your friends follow you.

==============================================================

alternative:
when the enemy comes close on big map(all except bounty hunters!) and the "anchor" appears, engage right away.
the enemy will be very far off... and you can go straight back to the big map, where the enemy will have Vanished.

Summa summum:
you do not need a mod.
what you DO need, is to try some alternative fighting, and get more experienced in what the game does.

and globally: AI is AI. be that COAS or need for speed.
In no game, now or in the future expect AI to show "common sense".
Humans are often not capable of doing that.
How are these humans able to teach that to a computer?

Application tto this game:
all your friend ships are nothing but Mules. Trucks. useless in fightuing, good for carryiing soldiers (attack against city) or carrying Gold.
The only one flighting is YOU.

thanks ,Did find out i could hit Enter get list of commands use arrow key to slide list thru ships in my fleet .Didnt know about p key .

Back