• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS new mod

some things i want to know:

1 - where in files i can manipulate grass textures?

2 - what file i need edit to remove characters or place new(and how to change place of creating it - where he will load when u start new game)?

3 - still need to know how to make animated logo in main menu

4 - still need to know how to put video preview for ships in F2 menu under ship(largest ship image) like they have in East India Company game?

5 - what codes are used for sun position on sky (except those in weather/init folder)?

ill post few pics later of new game interface :onya

some things i want to know:

1 - where in files i can manipulate grass textures?

It appears the grass textures are referenced in all the island .c files plus several others, there isn't just one specific location. It is even referenced in sea.c, also in CommonLoc.c, QuestLocations.c, globals.c, locations_loader.c, option_sl.c and utils.c. No idea what references apply to what. There also appears to be a GrassGenerator.exe in \Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Tenochtitlan, no clue what that is all about! :shrug

2 - what file i need edit to remove characters or place new(and how to change place of creating it - where he will load when u start new game)?

It appears things have changed a bit in CoAS from what it was in POTC, there may be more than one file you need to edit. The old POTC wiki has a good tutorial on adding characters, the basics are probably still similar in CoAS, but some of the details may have changed. You can find that tutorial HERE.

3 - still need to know how to make animated logo in main menu

I have no clue mate :shrug

4 - still need to know how to put video preview for ships in F2 menu under ship(largest ship image) like they have in East India Company game?

I'm not even sure this is possible with the Storm engine. As far as I am aware, I don't believe anyone has ever tried it before.

5 - what codes are used for sun position on sky (except those in weather/init folder)?

I have no clue mate :shrug

1- ill check em all
2- thanks for link
3- :modding
4-ill be one who will try :onya
5- go check :urgh

thagarr what about my ships?good?no?

what u think about these guys as chinese npcs

Will Smith is here just for fun :urgh :urgh

Attachments

• china1.jpg
    china1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 153
  • china2.jpg
    china2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 159
  • china3.jpg
    china3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 152
  • china4.jpg
    china4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 175
  • china5.jpg
    china5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 157
  • china6.jpg
    china6.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 145
  • OMG HAHAHA.jpg
    OMG HAHAHA.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 139
Very cool, if you can get them into COAS, you'll be a very popular and busy guy around here. Very few people here at PA! and are still active have that knowledge.

Man ! you do have some modeling talent and a good imagination...
About the "Terror of the seas"... well you'll have to put your imagination at work a little further, for that ship would not move forward... but the model is really cool, very "Tom McFarlane"
About porting those ships, the most helpfull thing anyone said about that to me is "get the example files", there is a help files in ftp containing a ship ready to export from maya...

Oh god no. VCO models? Those are very low poly, way too ugly for COAS and I hate the manga/chinese style, because there were NO CHINESE in the caribbean at the time.

Oh god no. VCO models? Those are very low poly, way too ugly for COAS and I hate the manga/chinese style, because there were NO CHINESE in the caribbean at the time.
u can get really nice results if u mess a bit with those models :onya

about chinese im taking idea to make them as quest ships etc not for nation

Oh, they are from another game.

Well, Pieter has said he could find some use for the ships in POTC. :sail

It appears the grass textures are referenced in all the island .c files plus several others, there isn't just one specific location. It is even referenced in sea.c, also in CommonLoc.c, QuestLocations.c, globals.c, locations_loader.c, option_sl.c and utils.c. No idea what references apply to what. There also appears to be a GrassGenerator.exe in \Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Tenochtitlan, no clue what that is all about!

GrassGenerator.exe - i got nothing from that :no

sea.c - i tryed enter into "()" &Grass "(&Grass) and game crash on startup so that meant it must stay empty also nothing from that :no

CommonLoc.c - im bit confused on this one and its not couse codes its couse i cant find it anywhere in coas folders :?

QuestLocations.c - didnt chec this one yet :cheeky

globals.c - it sets settings for grass density (u can set those into option screen) no big deal :b:

locations_loader.c - i think this one is for grass models like trees and those bushes in city which are not moving grass :b:

option_sl - here u can set option screen default settings no big deal :b:

utils.c - i changed here all from 1000 to 5000 and i didnt get any changes ingame so i dont know whats this one for :b:

CommonLoc.c - im bit confused on this one and its not couse codes its couse i cant find it anywhere in coas folders :?

Weird ... the copy of the file I have is in \Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\Program\Locations\init :shrug

It might be something that is hard coded in the engine it's self, or maybe it is just set by island in the island c files. There are also a couple of .sha files and several *_grass.grs files, again, no clue what these do either. Not a whole lot of help am I? xD:

I meant to comment on your ship models last post, I just got distracted with the grass and forgot! Those look great mate! :onya

Personally, I see nothing wrong with adding them as a side quest or something, it would add a bit of flavor to the game. Maybe once we finally get a hold of the source code, we can figure out how to add exotic locations like Madagascar or Singapore to the world map! :woot

ahh found it i thought that folder have only island codes :facepalm
and no ur wrong u helped me alot couse i dont have time to lose on searching all folders where is code for something thx alot m8 :cheers

Those chinese ships could be used in POTC for the singapore location we will hopefully be getting along with JUNKS from IFL as that is a chinese location :yes

yes its a bit larger size of textures but it if u know to work u can make smaller sized 32 bit textures with same quality right :onya

btw i missed one thing in weathers and im confused now i notice that sun not moving how it should like on 12 am its not on top of sky like it should its on some 10am position ill fix that problem but there im confused couse in weathers i find these codes and thought its for sun position but i dont get any changes ingame any tipps?

Weathers[n].Sun.AzimuthAngle = Degree2Radian(150.0); - this is radiation of sun and working good
Weathers[n].Sun.HeightAngle = 0.7; - this should be for sun position but not working...

Btw what u think about new nation system?

Spain - France - England as Britania - Dutch - Caribbean pirates - Portugal - Germany - China - Russia

im decideing to make 3-4 models per nations which will look only for chosesn colony and been seen only on those islands like Chinese will be able at chinese ports not in england etc
i choses china couses there is that things in POTC movie also it would be nice that they have they own ships
Also we can make that not all nations are able from start umm lets say that u need be in 17th century ingame to get china nation and so on - i want to say that if its posible that we make everything combined with time like in 1650 u get new ships in 1680 again new and beter ships....same for colonys weapons etc...
what u think?

Seems like Denmark is the only other nation you could put in that would be historically accurate.

Danish West India and Guinea Company

I would prefer Germany as well! Brandenburg-Preußen had a short period of naval/colonial enterprises (Brandenburg Navy) and serveral Brandenburg Frigates sailed to the Westindies! The "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" was sunk by 3 Frenchmen on her way back in 1693...

Back