• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS mods

captain patrick

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Ahoy! my fellow pirates,

Its been a long time since I've been here.
Well.. the Academy of Arts didn't let me in so now I'm studying something else, but this doesn't mean i cant do anything.
I just got COAS and it works! which made me very happy because the other games don't work on my new laptop...
this means i can start modding again!
I immediately downloaded the combined mod. this brings me on my first two questions:
what is the difference between RTBL and vanilla? x__X
both of the links for the CM version 2 patch 2 don't work, so if i knew the difference how can i download them?

Okay, these are not the main problems, I now have the mod without patches and there are a couple of things that bother me. I'm talking about the most important things of the game: the Ships!
why the hell, did you put ships from POTC in the game?!! And than calling it instead of frigate, battle frigate!
Of course there are also the ships with the painted black wholes on it which you call 'cannons'. why are those ships in there?! Isnt the meaning of the mod to improve the game?
Well.. I really want to work on those ships. There are also good ship models with ridiculous colors, I'm going to give these a better fitting color.

I'm also planing to make some ships myself, but before this the ships that already are in the game have to be improved.

Greetings
Captain Patrick

Hello!

I take it you are a modeler then? We could use one of those here in the COAS forums.

1) I wouldn't worry too much about V2 and its patches, we are going to release V3 very soon.

2)The POTC ships came from the JSCM which is the foundation for the CM.

3)The ships in V3 have new names and have received a major overhaul in the shipsint file.

4)Most if not all the ships with black painted holes are merchant ships. It wasn't uncommon for ship captains to paint black holes on the sides of the ship in order to intimidate pirates and make them think they carry more guns than they really do. Although it may look weird, it is historically accurate.

5)Super! I look forward to your work in the coming months. :onya

Yes I'm a modder :p, well.. I was, but will be again!
Of course i cant say that all the ships are bad, there are also really beautiful new ships. Especially the Solei Royal! n__n
But I unfortunately concluded most of the POTC ships are also in the game, they are just not worth it and there are enough ships that are!

I look forward to the upcoming mod, and i look forward to improve it!
I will work on ships most of the time. There are much things I want to improve, big and little things. But I don't believe I'm the only one that likes to work on ships..

Captain Patrick

Back