• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS CM 3 - Clarification

Radrunner

Powder Monkey
I love the modpack. Absolutely awesome. Unfortunately some date stamps are missing as to when things actually got posted. I was hoping our modding community could clarify the following:

Dates
-CoAS Combined Mod Pack Version 3 was realeased on...
-And subsequently patch 1.0 came out on...
-And patch 1.5 was released on....

Patching
-Do you need to install patch 1.0 before 1.5, or are all the patches cumulative?
-Could someone link what is fixed in patch 1.0 and 1.5? Trolling the COAS CMV 3 thread is an exercise in eye strain...

I'm just trying to patch here, and having a hell of a time figuring out which version I have (I believe the initial CMV 3 release) and which patches I need.

...how likely is patching to screw up my saves? I figured re installing the entire mod was far more likely to screw things up...

Thanks!

I love the modpack. Absolutely awesome. Unfortunately some date stamps are missing as to when things actually got posted. I was hoping our modding community could clarify the following:

Dates
-CoAS Combined Mod Pack Version 3 was realeased on...
-And subsequently patch 1.0 came out on...
-And patch 1.5 was released on....

Patching
-Do you need to install patch 1.0 before 1.5, or are all the patches cumulative?
-Could someone link what is fixed in patch 1.0 and 1.5? Trolling the COAS CMV 3 thread is an exercise in eye strain...

I'm just trying to patch here, and having a hell of a time figuring out which version I have (I believe the initial CMV 3 release) and which patches I need.

...how likely is patching to screw up my saves? I figured re installing the entire mod was far more likely to screw things up...

Thanks!

Well if you don't mind reinstalling everything, I suggest to do so. Just download the COAS CM 3.1.5, it's all in one installer. Install the original game then copy or extract the Mod into the game root folder and voila your good to go. As for the rest of your question well unless someone is uptated to know what all the change as been made into the mod, I suggest that you start reading. It will take a while(I know did it not long ago) but all your answer will be answered.

Cheers, :cheers

I do agree that the thread could be more clear.
Please see the PotC Build Mod release threads for an example of how it can be done.
We've added links to the main posts to the new patch announcement posts.

Well, I uninstalled and re-installed POTC CoAS. Installed CMV 3.1.5. Tried importing the old save game and... it loaded... but every subsequent attempt to save crashes the game. So it's starting over from square 1. ... Unless anyone has any ideas for somehow working around the crash issue..

I'm not sure what you mean by "PotC CoAS". They're two different games...

I'm not sure what you mean by "PotC CoAS". They're two different games...

....*cough*. eh hem. CoAS. CMV 3.1.5. Importing an older save from CoAS CMV 3.0 did not work. Loaded, but subsequent save attempts crashed the game...

Is this because importing just doens't really work in this game? Or am I going to have to restart from square 1 every time a new CMV version comes out?
I tried downloading the actual CMV patches themselves (3.1.0 and 3.1.5) but my computer didn't recognize the format so I couldn't do jack all with them. Am i missing something about their installation that would have allowed me to avoid uninstalling, re-installing, patching to CMV 3.1.5 and restarting?

You probably need to start a new game for it to work.
There's few things we can add that doesn't require starting a new game. :(

well, i have a 3.1 game that was updated to 3.1.5 and it still works.

Isnt there a "re-init" button added by CM in the options menue that has something to do with getting the CM to work properly? Its a blank button in the options; load your game, go sail the world map, go options, click the blank button, then try n save. Or try leaving whatever area you load into, go to a new island or something, and then save.
'

let me know what luck you have....

the first save was a CMV3.0 or a 3.1 or what?

Am i missing something about their installation that would have allowed me to avoid uninstalling, re-installing, patching to CMV 3.1.5 and restarting?

Another reason people should know and understand how to use JSGME. I can go from 3.1.5 to 3.1 to vanilla at will and back again without ever having to reinstall anything. Once you understand this simple program, modding becomes so much easier for a lot of games. Even if you go back to full vanilla and want to be SURE nothing slipped through the cracks, the program has a feature to compare the current game files to what vanilla is, kind of like Steams "verify integrity of game" feature.

There indeed IS a Reinit button and it's definitly worth clicking on it when trying to reuse a savegame. :yes

In the game's Options menu in the lower-right corner. In CM 3.1.5 there is no text on it, but it IS the reinit button. :yes

Found it... no luck

Game still loads, have to reset all the controls to move around. If I save, it crashes, even after hitting the reinit button

Tried to get a change of scenery by hoping on my ship first... my ship was literally *in* the island, so i couldn't sail anywhere, and the game crashed once again when i attempted to do.. well, anything from there.

I don't really care to salvage the game at this point, enjoying the new one. Just want to sort a way around this for next time a new CMV comes out :)

There's very little we can do about backwards compatibility for savegames, I'm afraid.
New versions generally will require a new game to be started. :(

When i get around to it, i will write up a detailed Install/Readme.. with common FAQs i see people come to the forums for.

Back