• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Climbing on ship masts?

Mecenage

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Is this possible?
Bez názvu.jpg
I know that captains doesn't climb ladders, but i want to climb up on the mainmast.
I'm not so experienced but somebody can make this. :wp . I think that this will improve fun!

Is this difficult to make?If I know how I'll do this myself but what the hell I have to do? :modding
Edit models?INI file?something different? Help pls!I want climb :b:

Modders help please! :?

See here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14079-climb-the-mast

Thanks!
I see that many modders has same idea. But it is so hard to make all of ships.:(
Exist at least 1 modded ship with this?

I'd have a go at this if someone can point me to a tutorial on how to export the walk files.

Check that thread: SuperDurnius is the only person who did anything on this.
He only did this on the Black Pearl and neither finished nor released this.
For information, post in the original thread or send a PM to SuperDurnius.

itd be cool if you had guys in the rigging waiting to furl/unfurl the sails. ya know how they stand on the crossmember or w.e

Again though it shows for you CoAS guys: READ THE BUILD MOD FORUM

Most of the mod suggestions you are asking for ARE in the Build or being tested in the Build

I've been trying to tell people that for ages, but I think most people just don't believe me.
It's true though.

As for that "crew standing by" thing, I don't think that's quite possible.
And even if it was, wouldn't it be crazy to have the crew standing there, waiting, ALL the time??? :shock

Check that thread: SuperDurnius is the only person who did anything on this.
He only did this on the Black Pearl and neither finished nor released this.
For information, post in the original thread or send a PM to SuperDurnius.

Okey! :onya I will ask him. Thanks for advices sailors! :cheers

One issue I foresee is that you'll still be able to climb the "Mast" even once the mast has gone down to enemy fire. No way around that that I can see.

In PotC the same applies to the crew climbing the masts. Has that been fixed in CoAS?

One issue I foresee is that you'll still be able to climb the "Mast" even once the mast has gone down to enemy fire. No way around that that I can see.

hmmm... You're right!I don't notify this :( when mast collapse it will be curious that you can climb in the air. :(

Any ideas? :nk

For something to work 100% correctly, the webbing would have to be done through hardcode similar to the ropes, so it disappears when the masts are shot down. But I don't know if that stuff would be able to be made interactactable.

Now something I've been thinking of is the idea of 'hotspots' similar to doors and chests, only these hotspots would 'teleport' you to the crows nest and back. Admittedly, you would not get the ability to climb the rigging, but at least you would be able to have a crows nest you can get to.

Just a suggestion folks!

Cap'n Drow

Back