• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Clarify "Church Protection" Sidequest Text

That is not compatible with 3.4 I think, maybe the story has changed since then :)
Latest update tells you to look for someone in the Bridgetown! Who I couldn't find!
Nope, that text is quite correct. Where is it that you're stuck?
The only characters you need are the corpse in the Maltese Knight Abbey and a monk in any Church.

Right, the quest files are the same for "telescope.txt"
But once again the game doesn't provide enough information for the player to continue the quest :mad:
Game says:
Wow, helping the church really seems to help! After I delivered them a holy cross, they told me about some inventor from Italy who was ahead of his time. In the vaults of the vatican they found some of his sketches and they where able to make this "telescope". They told me it was made for one of their best exorcists but he went away on a job before they could give it to him. Maybe if I find him, he can tell me how I can use this device. They say he was last seen in #stown#.

in my case #stown# is Bridgetown. I talked to everybody in Bridgetown and went house to house to find such a person! And I didn't find anything! :|
Seems like I had to look in somewhere weird! The Crypt. [Which I haven't noticed yet] Where is the entrance? I searched the forum and found some topics on the Abby but none of them pointed to where the entrance is!
Thanks in advance

Ah, of course that "inventor from Italy" is ALSO an inventor, but isn't actually related to the character in the Standard storyline.
Probably just a reference to Leonardo da Vinci.

The Maltese Knight Abbey in the large cathedral in Bridgetown (as opposed to the small church). You can use both the front entrance and the back door.
I think citizens do mention some rumours about it.

If you know that Abbey is haunted and that you're looking for an excorsist, that is a bit of a clue, of course.
But I suppose it could be made a bit more clear.

The rumours should also point you here indeed. But I could add a dialog option to the citizens to ask them if they saw someone. This would lead you to the cathedral. Would that help?

Haven't had time to test this so might do strange things.
But if you did the job for the church and go to bridgetown (greenfort) you should now have an extra dialog option to ask about a religous man. If you select this it should give you an hint.

If you have better text please sugest it. I could add a questbook entry too but I don't think it's needed.
Please test to see if it works.

extract the zip to your potc root folder

Attachments

• TELESCOPE_FIX_FOR_SEPT_21.zip
    88.6 KB · Views: 103
Update!
I'm again ashamed that to say, to complete the standard story which I started I have to continue to use Beta3.4 (It was the only version that worked with the American edition of the game [which I posses] in the Build14 series.)
Your files gives me an engine panic (Runtime error), sorry
Maybe you could only save the changes so that I could replace them manually. coz I think the error is caused by the version mismatch

Note: Only Beta 3.4 and Beta4 are compatible with the American edition of the game (they had something in them that Beta 3.5 didn't so I couldn't switch to 3.5)

I'm again ashamed that to say, to complete the standard story which I started I have to continue to use Beta3.4 (It was the only version that worked with the American edition of the game [which I posses] in the Build14 series.)
[...]
Note: Only Beta 3.4 and Beta4 are compatible with the American edition of the game (they had something in them that Beta 3.5 didn't so I couldn't switch to 3.5)
Wait, wha? The latest version should work on all versions of the game: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum
If it doesn't, please give me any and all details you've got!

Actually, the internal Beta 3.5 WIP should work too: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum
But you shouldn't need that because it is superseded by the Beta 4 WIP.

Of course savegame incompatibility might be an issue.
You can merge new code with your own game manually using WinMerge.
See here for some details: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum

Wait, wha? The latest version should work on all versions of the game: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum
If it doesn't, please give me any and all details you've got!
Actually, the internal Beta 3.5 WIP should work too: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum
But you shouldn't need that because it is superseded by the Beta 4 WIP.

LOL! Pieter read my post carefully again! I said that Beta 4 WORKs!
Only 3.5 didn't work at all. Downloaded and tested multiple times on my American edition.

Of course savegame incompatibility might be an issue.
You can merge new code with your own game manually using WinMerge.
See here for some details: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum
And I was telling Levis to give me the changes of the dialogs to be replaced. I thought the dialogs may have changed so I wanted to have the latest change only...
Thanks

these changes are for BETA4, you just need the lastest version ...
The changes are in multiple files. If you winmerge it with beta4 you can check what they are.

Ugh I hate how these dialog files sometimes are coded. But now it should work in all cases and not only after you've talked to this person at least once.
Tested it myself.

Attachments

• Greenford Citizen_Dialog.c
    11.1 KB · Views: 114
Back