• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

City of Abandoned Ships Quest (Spoiler Alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the gear look like? Can't find it....dived like 10 times now.... is it big or small? Shiny or rusty? etc. Pic would be nice :) Also,is there any chest where I could store my stuff while diving,one next to the skeleton maybe?

It's a... well, a gear. A cogwheel. Grey, about 40 centimeters in diameter, lying flat on the ground.
As for chests, don't store your stuff in the chests scattered about the COAS, they eat whatever is left in them (even stuff that you find in them, if you open a chest and leave the stuff inside alon, it'll still disappear). The only safe chest is the in the Diffindur, you can store your stuff there.

It's a... well, a gear. A cogwheel. Grey, about 40 centimeters in diameter, lying flat on the ground.
As for chests, don't store your stuff in the chests scattered about the COAS, they eat whatever is left in them (even stuff that you find in them, if you open a chest and leave the stuff inside alon, it'll still disappear). The only safe chest is the in the Diffindur, you can store your stuff there.

Actually... the Dexter chest should be safe too. In the explanation about COAS the meeting guy say only the non-standart chests are safe - chests for which ne one besides you have the key. And the Dexter chest is exactly such chest.
Not that you really need it - but just curious if this is true.

I've found it....yippee... :) It was next to big rock in the middle of the area.... thanks for tips... looked bit rusty,not so grey though...

The chest in de stern area o' de Diffindur be safe fer storage as well! :onya
Fred Bob 'twas able tew stash his money thar befer visitin' wid de Admiral! ;)

:gday

its already 2 day seach that chad key....:modding :modding [stuck at city of stupidy bucket]

most of all i lost almost my light of life ..lol..:?

for info:

now 22july 1669
12.50 pm if i go to sleep tomorrow,that cpt.chad will found key....only one day left!:b:must be hurry

"400candel" done
"robbing store" done
"relese maxim taylor" done
"make two old friend for peace" done

any one can give me where u all found that key belong??:mm

sir_marleey :hmm

Hi,
I found the key at the bow of the San Augustine (I think it was that ship :shrug )
I didnt see it though, I just ran over it and the hand icon appeared. Lucky me :rolleyes:

hi! i have a problem in the quest of City of Abandoned Ships! I have killed the gangs,that Arno told me and now I have to speak to the mechanic (henric vedeker) ... But when i speak to him nothing happens...Arno died and i don't know what i have to do know!!!!
What can I do know?????? :modding :modding

Sorry for my english!

hi! i have a problem in the quest of City of Abandoned Ships! I have killed the gangs,that Arno told me and now I have to speak to the mechanic (henric vedeker) ... But when i speak to him nothing happens...Arno died and i don't know what i have to do know!!!!

Sorry for my english!

Arno has nothing to do wit this matter anymore. Look at your logbook to see what you must do. Of course you should use all the dialog options wit hte macanic too. If i remember correly you must do 3 things to be able to proceed:
1. Talk to Chad
2. Gather 1,500,000 golds and give them to the mechanic
3. Dive for the lost gear

I think the location of the gear is random. I found mine in the corner of the other side of the shipswreck which is to your left when entering the seabottom area.

I mean the big ship skeleton.... you have to run around it and there it was in the far left corner... It might be at an other place in your game but it should easily be spotted.
Good luck

Sorry for my english!

Arno has nothing to do wit this matter anymore. Look at your logbook to see what you must do. Of course you should use all the dialog options wit hte macanic too. If i remember correly you must do 3 things to be able to proceed:
1. Talk to Chad
2. Gather 1,500,000 golds and give them to the mechanic
3. Dive for the lost gear

My logbook says ''As soon as I was done with Felipe Armas, I was attacked by three more Caspers who apparently were shadowing Armo.I might have guessed the disappearance of 2 Caspers in a row would raise a few eyebrows toward Armo.And now one of the assailants has told me that Armo has been killed''
According to this walkthrough I must talk to the mechanic. I talked to the michanic but he didn't say anything interesting,the only questions were ''Is there a interesting gossip'', ''I want to ask oyu one question'',I am looking for somebody''....!
?????????

I think the location of the gear is random. I found mine in the corner of the other side of the shipswreck which is to your left when entering the seabottom area.

I mean the big ship skeleton.... you have to run around it and there it was in the far left corner... It might be at an other place in your game but it should easily be spotted.
Good luck

thx cpt.solo...same spot

now time to out of this scumbag city..but soon i will miss this COAS
thpirateshipff.gif

now time to out of this scumbag city..but soon i will miss this COAS
thpirateshipff.gif

The COAS itself is awesome. I wish the devs had put more quests there.

Also the possbility to take veryone who would agree with you when leaving instead of letting them just swim around.

HELP NEEDED! :(
keywords: 10 bags of salt, 10 bunches of grapes, moneylender.

So I've managed to read the walkthrough a little too late and now there is no SALT and no GRAPES anywhere on the CoAS. The chests are empty. Luckily I've managed to keep upon my persona the lute and the wine. SO. It seems to me that the only option left is to wait for the SALT and the GRAPES to appear at the store some day. Or maybe there is some other way which I'm not aware of.
(Oh, and I have the unmodded version because with the mods I stuck at Edward Law's quest at Cumana(he wasn't .. findable in the sea.))

AND in addition, a question regarding the moneylender on CoAS. I borrowed 50k from that rat and somewere browsing through forums stumbled upon a glitch on this matter. If I remember correctly, it was something about having obligatory to have the neccessary amount of money on your char at all times or something bad will happen.(I don't remember what exactly). I wouldn't ask this if the dialogue with him had the option of returning the money immediately.
So what is the deal with that moneylender?

As fer de salt an' grapes, ye may havta go diving again, matey!
rolleyes.gif

I'll try. (though I have a suspicion that the mechanic won't let me now that I have begun gathering supplies for the ship) Were they in the barrel? Because no edible things were in the chests. Only money jewels and artifacts of different sorts.

By Poseidon! I hope they're not in the crabs! I hate those creatures.

UPDATE:
Reloaded a previous save (yes, you can't dive anymore when you tell the mechanic you've had enough.) and there were no salt and grapes on the ocean floor. Not in the barrel, not in the chests, not on the crabs :shrug What to do?
Or maybe I have missed something? What I know of the ocean treasures, there are:
1 barrel in the skeleton of a ship on your left when you dive in.
1 chest inside a broken ship's hull in front of you in a distance
1 chest by that same broken ship on the outside AND 1 a little further away from the ship.
1 chest at the end of the skeleton ship between some big rocks.
1 chest on your left behind the skeleton ship on the other side of the crab field.

That's all I've noticed and I doubt there's more. (though I really hope I am mistaken because I truly long for those 10 bags of salt and 10 bunches of rapes :D )

Did ye visit de stern o' de Diffindur?! :?
Thar be two chests in thar, matey! ;)

Did ye visit de stern o' de Diffindur?! :?
Thar be two chests in thar, matey! ;)

Yes, I did. But not with the average key (was there something of worth that wasn't anywhere else?) which was the key to SUCCESS!!! Success of finding those grapes and salt bags in some chests. :dance
I'm out of that damned city and now It's plunderin' time! :keith

Now I'm just thinking about that Tenochtitlan bug with the empty dialogs and game crashes. Loaded a previous save to check it and yes, it is so. I would really dislike to start a new game when using the community fix. :(

AND in addition, a question regarding the moneylender on CoAS. I borrowed 50k from that rat and somewere browsing through forums stumbled upon a glitch on this matter. If I remember correctly, it was something about having obligatory to have the neccessary amount of money on your char at all times or something bad will happen.(I don't remember what exactly). I wouldn't ask this if the dialogue with him had the option of returning the money immediately.
So what is the deal with that moneylender?

Randomly when changing the locations after you leave COAS you will be teleported to the Aztec temple where the God of Deads is and you will not be able to leave untill you return your debt x5.
Don't know what happens if you don't have the amount with you:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back