• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help City of abandoned ships Gentlemen of fortune port capture

Madilla

Landlubber
is it possible to capture a town in COAS? i have tried attacking some towns but all i could do was plunder them.

You have to destroy the fort, then seize the fort, after you seize the town and if you have an officer, you can place him as governor or just sack the town. I've read that you can't sack capitols but in a few instances I've read that some people were in fact able to do so :facepalm

You have to destroy the fort, then seize the fort, after you seize the town and if you have an officer, you can place him as governor or just sack the town. I've read that you can't sack capitols but in a few instances I've read that some people were in fact able to do so :facepalm
yeah i have already defeated the port and had officers i went to the residence and the all i could do was loot the town i was attacking cumana i don't think it is a capitol does it have anything to do with working for a nation to be able to capture a city?

Yes its posible but you must have a nation lisense and you have to be atleast at the rank of admiral

you don't have to be Admiral, no:no.

Giococo wrote somewhere:

"The management of colonies is very different from AoP: CT.
1. You can capture a colony only after quest-line national or pirate. Before, you can only sack.
2. The conquered colony can deliver to the nation which have the letter, and thought no more. Or else you keep it for you and appoint a your lieutenant to govern.
3. On the colonies conquered you can not make improvements or reinforcements; for the colonies maintained for you, you can go to the "diplomatic" and pay (2.500.000 - 4.000.000) to prevent the attacks of the nation previous owner.
You can not do other interventions, just periodically draw the taxes collected from your lieutenant."

Technically, if you turn the national questlines off in the debug window you can take colonies from the start of the game. Also, only when attacking from the sea you can actually take the colony, if you attack from the land you can only sack it (except in national questlines, where in certain quests you can take colony when attacking from the land).

Back