• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Christmas Ship Pack

Well considering the old ones are still in the game unused, that should be possible.
I'm not sure how, though. :facepalm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen [i never get sick of that line]

Quick question for whoever can answer it. Is this mod already in Patch 5, or is it separate? and if the latter, is it 100% compatible? furthermore, would adding it cause previous saves not to work, or require a new game in order to gain access to them?

I can answer some of your questions.

The Christmas Ship Pack came out just after Patch 5 was released, so it is separate. You can get it in the 1st post.

Yes it is compatible. Or at least I notice no difference in game play. I install it at the same time as patch 5. I do still have one patch 4 install. Will get back to you on save compatibility later today.

PS: After installing the Christmas Ship Pack and a bit of playing, it seems to work. I just had to hit F11 to make it go.

In future, I'll mention compatibility; thanks for pointing that out.
Yes it is 100% compatible with Patch 5 as intended.
The only issue that concerns me is that some players have reported lag in the shipyard interface, due to the new interface screenshots mod.
But as long as your graphics card is pretty decent, that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Not CoAS compatible. Sorry about that.
BUT the good news is that most of the contents of this pack will be featured as part of the next ship pack, which will hopefully be made compatible for both games. ;)

Oh dear. This could be a real downside for lower-performance PCs. :facepalm
Perhaps we'll need to issue a warning with the next ship pack, concerning potential lag in the shipyard interface?

I'm running the game in an 800mhz cpu 384mb ram 16mb videocard and it worked fine although set to medium texture. Just installed the ship pack and its GREAT!! now i can see what the ships I'm buying looked like no need to buy go to port to see if I don't like it back to shipyard select another (sucks) Thanks for this Armada!!

[quote name='Capt'n Rapier' timestamp='1300460301' post='388882']
Just installed the ship pack and its GREAT!! now i can see what the ships I'm buying looked like no need to buy go to port to see if I don't like it back to shipyard select another (sucks) Thanks for this Armada!!
[/quote]
You're very welcome, but I can't take all the credit; Pieter helped with the coding side, and miklkit made the bulk of the screenshots, and also helped with the coding.
It finally does away with that tedious 'luck of the draw' purchasing, when you were totally blind until you had spent your hard earned (or plundered!) cash. :dance

Glad to hear your computer can cope with it, too!

Armada, can you please help give me a list of ships you are fixing for this pack so and what you are fixing so that I don't do work on the same stuff you are? That would be much appreciated mate.

Of course, I'll let you know via PM. :yes

I did some slight code changes a few days ago that allows you to enable/disable the new ship screenshots interface pictures in InternalSettings.h; interested?

hello again I tried to see what the unique Victory looked like by placing it in jack aubrey's storyline but it doesnt show up when choosing a storyline (the ship) and when i start the game it crashes is it not working? I used the name Victory2

Victory2 is not included; the code is there, but is commented out (has // in front), so does nothing.
It was an idea of mine a while back, to have a unique version with the nameplate on, but we later decided to just keep to the standard version.
The reason was that we have no use for the named Victory model, as there are no quests involving her.
So until such time as we do have a need for that model, just ignore it and stick to Victory1. ;)

Hello Armada.
I don't wan't to worry you but, I' played Build 14 Patch 5 with your Christmas Shippack and there is a problem with the Jack Sparrow storyline.
When you board the Dauntless to get the fast ship there is a CTD after the loadingscreen. It appears when you get on the deck of the Dauntless.
Maybe you can help me, because I really really want to go on with the storyline.
Greetings BlackDeath.

I've just had a look at the related thread on the Bug Tracker, and judging by what you've said, the ship pack shouldn't affect the outcome at all...
If 'shipdeck3' is to blame, then because I didn't change anything to do with it, then the new Dauntless shouldn't be a problem.
So as far as I know, that problem already existed, unless I can be proven otherwise. :shrug

I just dropped anchor alongside again after a long time away..and I see much work has progressed on this remarkable mod set, thanks to all hands for that. I will work on catching up and updating.... remarkable work indeed going on here.

Due to heavy work load have to keep a spring on my cable but i do hope to be able to come up to speed soon. :onya

Back