• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Choosing how much treasure to give to your crew

galeninjapan

Landlubber
Here is a neat idea. What if when you divide the plunder you choose how mucht to keep and how much to give out. If you dont pay enoough the crew will mutiney and it will be harder to hire new crew later on. If you pay more than enough it is easier to hire later on and your crew will remain happier during long voyages. This is just neat idea, I think.

That's kind of how it works in a way. If you have a successful cruise and your crew is happy with their share, it'll be easier to recruit in the future.

However, as to the amount each man gets... it's kind of historical. When crews would sign on to a ship, (Privateer or outright Pirate), they would sign "articles" which was like a bill of rights for the crew. Pirate crews were a pretty democractic bunch. They all voted on most matters except for in combat, in which case, the captain's word was law. They split up all the booty equally amongst the crew. The captain usually got 2 shares... and sometimes the ship's doctor or maybe the quartermaster.

But yes, your "reputation" has alot to do with how well you can recruit. Though I won't swear to that. It's how it worked in the original and this one feels the same way, so I am assuming it is. Though there is the added element of what kind of town you are trying to recruit from. Big rich towns vs. small poor towns etc..

Back