• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Character Stats

Doober

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Got a few questions regarding Build 14. I am playing the Jack Sparrow quest. My character has check marks next to melee and luck, what do those mean? Also, it says that his is rated 2 - 1 for his sailing, it seems like his base is 2 but for some reason he is at 1, I have looked at the items he is carrying and nothing says it reduces sailing. I do have a ring that is +1 for grappling, does that subtract off sailing? Is there something else that is effecting that other than items that I carry? Thanks for any help!

Your ship is probably to high level for your character ;)

When you start the game your character is good enough to sail a class 5/6 ship without penalty.

As your character gets better Leadership and Sailing you will be able to use better ships without penalty

The check marks are for the type of character you are and which skill improves quicker that the others ;)

isnt that a problem in the hoist the colors quest, as you can get the Wicked Wench pretty early in the game

My ship was a cutter which is a #5, so I would think that there wouldn't be a penalty. I also now see a #5 in my portrait next to a little ship. Does that have anything to do with it?

I'm not entirely sure on the lower sailing skill; indeed all I can think of is the ship class issue.
As Captain Maggee says, the checkmarks indicate which skills of yours will increase quicker.
For 'Adventurer' (default for Jack Sparrow), which gives Melee and Luck.
You can select a different type prior to starting a new game though.

Back