• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Changing sounds

BrAdriano

Sailor Apprentice
I have a question,i want to change the cannon firing sound,but for that do i need to use an program or can i just go to the sounds folder put the new sound file there and rename it like it was before replacing,will it work?

Which game are you trying to edit? Anyway, both PotC and CoAS use regular .wav files for their sounds.
You can replace the existing file with the sound that you want instead and it should work.

Thread moved to the CoAS forum then so hopefully more people will notice it. :doff

Most of the games sounds are in .wav format, you don't need any special software as long as the sound you have is in the same format.

But i see ,there are many different cannons sounds there how do i know which one belongs to which cannon?

You can just change like i've done, you just need to make sure that your soundFX is in the .wav format, or else it wont work or replace the sound

Back