• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Caribbean! Update

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's been a while since I posted here :)

Snowbird games has had a bit of time away from the M&B addon Caribbean! due to their release of Eador (anyone tried it?) However with that out the way hopefully we'll see a bit of a ramp up of information.

A few days ago there was a quick post showing off some of the officer uniforms which we'll see in game, see below or head to the website HERE

Officer_renders.jpg

The full scale armor looks a bit ridiculous to me. I don't think that's very useful in naval combat.

Hmm..... somehow that doesn't rock my world. They all look the same, but in different colours.
And I'm not sure what historical time frame that is supposed to represent.
I suppose I've been spoilt with all the period-correct different uniforms and models used in the PotC Build Mod.

Trying to remember what MK said about armor. Methinks it was used in the 1500s and 1600s and then it fell out of favor in the 1700s.

This looks like a side project they are doing for fun. Have they done any ships? What engine are they using?

They've got several ships already. It is a somewhat modified version of the Mount & Blade engine from what I recall.

Back