• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP "Caribbean!" - Single and Multi-Player Game

Speed and turning rate can be changed easily, right? If not, then we have a problem...
Anyway, as being a mount and blade fan for years now as well, I'm proud to see how many things are possible with the mount and blade engine! Just think of how modable it is! (If you ever choose to mod it.)

This is the first i've heard about Caribbean! and i must say it's being added to my follow closely list for sure!

Thanks Piratesahoy! Arrrrr me mateys.

This is not fire and sword,this is an entire new game that i am sure that it will be good,not only because the game engine is so moddable but because u guys gonna improve it when it comes out
Note:There will be multiplayer

If they combine the Age of Pirates series sailing characteristics with the mount and blade combat and system that would truely be epic beyond belief. Age of pirates had the coolest naval battles and i thought the hand to hand combat was trash, while here it looks like the carribbean naval is trash and the hand to hand is awesome. That game would have the greatest dynamic to it, making fighting at sea great and fighting hand to hand - boarding/land - great.

Unfortunately, it looks as though they won't be doing that. Looks like I'll be waiting for HoO:CotS to be finished.

A Mount and Blade game is very modifiable, only that the authors of With Fire and Sword blocked off a lot of the Warband features like founding a kingdom or marriage. You could buy peace for 30000, which is only intended in Warband if a player is a bandit, and wants forgiveness for seizing trade caravans. Only in the Russian storyline could a player become a king or Tsar in this case. It looks good, and anything that is sub optimal should hopefully be modifiable. It likely will be.

as a huge fan of the mount and blade games i have high hopes for this game. But i am truely expecting it to be glitchy/buggy. No good game is born perfect. It has to be nurtured before it can even hope to reach its full potential.

Its not mount and blade its from the same guys who maded it,and an improved engine of the game,waiting for it,im gonna play assassin creed 3 ship battles now too

Haven't heard too much in the way of good things about With Fire & Sword (namely little support and basically no bug fixes), so I don't have feelings one way or the other on this at the moment. :shrug

If you want to experience the M&B at it's best I'd recommend M&B Warband with some of the mods. I use Floris and it's spectacular. Many of them are like professional expansions and far better than Fire and Sword.
Here's a link to all the mods: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html
[S ] means singleplayer [M] means multiplayer. For example cRPG turns it into essentially a medieval Call of Duty (multiplayer). I'd recommend looking at the number of posts to find the more popular ones.

Someone pls bug them to release single player naw and they can release multiplayer next year. I cant speak russian.

I have been signed up for beta since the first week they announced sign up. I am itching to play this cannot wait, I am a M&B fan so I hope Carribean! will be as good of a game as I think it will be.

That's great! Once they go beta, be sure to let us know what it's like! :woot

That's great! Once they go beta, be sure to let us know what it's like! :woot

Will for sure,

I highly suggest everyone slightly interested in playing Carribean! to go register on their forums immediatly. They said and I quote "Everyone who signed up for beta will receive a invite", this was said x amount of weeks ago, but their hasn't been any news since then.

This is not like trying to get into a beta for a MMO, you will very likely get a email. The more people that get their asses (excuse my language) over there to sign up for beta the better.

Step 1: Register on the forum, reply to this thread with anything you want,

http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/caribbean-—-applications-for-beta.56/

Step 2: Simply email them with your registered username, post your PC spec's (I would, but it's optional) and tell them that you are interested in beta testing.

Email:

beta_caribbean@snowbirdgames.com

Back