• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captains of Darktide Open Beta!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5460/darktide.png[/imgleft]Over at Blue'sNews, they have word that Silverlode Interactive's Captains of DarkTide will have an open beta starting August 3, 2010. Captains of DarkTide recently completed a two month closed beta, things must be going fairly well for them to open it up this quickly. Captains of DarkTide is a upcoming, free to play, pirate MMORPG with a fantasy twist.

"As of August 3rd all players who have registered at www.playdarktide.com will be granted instant access to the CoDT open beta. Each player will start with a fantasy ship, outfitted with cannons, archers and even a ballista. Captains will be able to explore the world, try all six races and factions, and recruit powerful humanoids and magical creatures for their crews. Each zone offers increasingly challenging encounters and gives access to new ship designs and more powerful weaponry."

You can read the full post HERE! And you can sign up fro the beta HERE!You can also read the Captains of DarkTide Dev Blog HERE!

And as if that isn't enough, over at The Adrenaline Vault, they have a preview up of Captains of DarkTide!

I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for games that involve seafaring, pitched battles upon the ocean, and looting the destroyed hulks of sinking ships. In practice, however, few games get the genre right. When I got an invitation to try out Captains of Darktide, I was a bit surprised. The game bills itself as a fantasy-oriented naval MMO, and I must confess I had some reservations about the possibilities offered by such a concept. It turns out, however, that Silverlode Interactive has managed to conjure up an interesting premise for a game, and the mechanics to make it work.

You can read the full preview HERE!

I'm not sure about these browser based MM games. The Avault preview ended quite positively so it could be worth a look at but I think I'll wait for some more people to give their opinions. Too many good games out at the moment, just not enough time.

I know what you mean Keith, I mainly just reported this because I have always been a bit of a fantasy nut, and the concept of tying in pirates with Elves and Ogres and other fantasy beasties peaked my curiosity. Plus it's been a bit slow pirate news wise since E3. :wp

Yeah, the future isn't as bright for new commercial projects as it was a few years back. We need the new potc movie to come out soon to get some games in development again :)

Back