• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't Hail

CaptnLysop

Sailor Apprentice
Yeah as title says; just found out that I cant hail any ships at any distance, at all. - it was possible in an older build version, and i never had problems with it, at all.

I've tried every possible thing I can think of, restarted the game a bunch of times too, new game, reinits, whatever. It just won't show the hail option at all.

God I miss my AoP option to just buy your way out of a situation, like being ambushed by pirates and paying for free passage...

EDIT
Ok, "[WIP: Turned off on purpose] Friendly Contact on High Seas (Hail Ship)" explains a lot; how was it enabled in the first place, I'd be able to rambo-code together a version that works without crashing the game/other issues.

Last edited:
That feature was never enabled in any Build Mod release, so I'm not sure how you got round to playing with it.

I'd be very happy if that mod would be finished though! It could add a lot of fun stuff to the game, I'm sure. :onya

That is odd, but I was definetly using a menu/dialog system similar to the "COAS" Hail-and-speak menu, and it was definetly PotC... it must still be on my old HDD, but I'd have to scrounge through 20 HDD's to find which one it is on, damn me.

Sadly I cant remember what version of which build it was, or what happened, if it was another mod or so, I'll try finding the old files.

There is no point trying to find whatever old version you refer to. Perhaps it was some sort of WIP version or something.
You can enable it at the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c with this line:
Code:
#define FCOHS         0     // Erwin Lindemann: Friendly Contact on High Seas / Hail Ship Mod
That code has been included since Beta 2, but it was never activated in any release version because it is thoroughly unfinished.
However, I did hope someone would some day finish this and you would be very welcome to do so. :onya

Back