• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed can't capture towns

BlackHawk

Sailor
been looking in forum to try and find answer with no luck does anyone know how to fix if so please let me know. using latest up date

Which storyline are you playing, and which towns can't you capture?

Some storylines block capture of towns which are significant to the plot. "Tales of a Sea Hawk" is liable to look silly, or even break, if key towns change owner - especially Bridgetown, which you're required to capture as part of the story. When you've completed the whole story, the blocks are lifted and you should be able to capture whatever you like (including taking Bridgetown back for yourself if you wish).

To capture a town for yourself, you need two free officers. You need to appoint one as the new governor and one as the new fort commander. Don't use any officer you value because you won't be able to swap them later, so you'll never get them back.

Which storyline are you playing, and which towns can't you capture?

Some storylines block capture of towns which are significant to the plot. "Tales of a Sea Hawk" is liable to look silly, or even break, if key towns change owner - especially Bridgetown, which you're required to capture as part of the story. When you've completed the whole story, the blocks are lifted and you should be able to capture whatever you like (including taking Bridgetown back for yourself if you wish).

To capture a town for yourself, you need two free officers. You need to appoint one as the new governor and one as the new fort commander. Don't use any officer you value because you won't be able to swap them later, so you'll never get them back.
got the officers but still can not capture towns-- tales of the sea hawk---have finished story line--all it says is spare town for x number of gold

Which towns can't you capture? Try one of the towns which never featured in the story. Port Royale, Bridgetown, Speightstown, St. Pierre, San Juan, Kralendijk, Sao Jorge and Nevis pirate settlement are all story-related, so see what happens if you attack somewhere not on that list.

Have you been back to Port Royale, talked to the governor, left the residence and talked to Danielle? Have you taken Clement back to the lighthouse?

Which towns can't you capture? Try one of the towns which never featured in the story. Port Royale, Bridgetown, Speightstown, St. Pierre, San Juan, Kralendijk, Sao Jorge and Nevis pirate settlement are all story-related, so see what happens if you attack somewhere not on that list.

Have you been back to Port Royale, talked to the governor, left the residence and talked to Danielle? Have you taken Clement back to the lighthouse?
yes finished story will try another port and see what happens--- tried saint pierre didn't work going to try another

Try a port which is not on that list. Point a Pitre on Guadeloupe is not involved in "Tales of a Sea Hawk"; it's tougher than St. Pierre but if you have Silehard's flagship then you should be able to take it. Or, if you want a real challenge, try Cartagena...

Try a port which is not on that list. Point a Pitre on Guadeloupe is not involved in "Tales of a Sea Hawk"; it's tougher than St. Pierre but if you have Silehard's flagship then you should be able to take it. Or, if you want a real challenge, try Cartagena...
ok did Marigot on St. Martin and i captured it.why can i not capture others???

Marigot is also not a town which was used by "Tales of a Sea Hawk". So it was never blocked from being captured.

What is strange is why the towns which were involved in the story are still blocked. Could you upload a savegame so I can try to find out what state it thinks the story is in?

When you returned to Port Royale, the governor offered you a job. Did you accept?

Marigot is also not a town which was used by "Tales of a Sea Hawk". So it was never blocked from being captured.

What is strange is why the towns which were involved in the story are still blocked. Could you upload a savegame so I can try to find out what state it thinks the story is in?

When you returned to Port Royale, the governor offered you a job. Did you accept?
no i didn't will go their now and see. looks like i will have to start over still can't capture towns should have worked for new governor.tried to upload saved game just keep getting error.ok upload file forgot to zip it last time

Attachments

• -=Player=- Nevis. Pirate Settlement port. July 3rd, 1757.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
Last edited:
If you did not accept the governor's job then that confirms what I thought, which is that branch of the governor's dialog does not trigger the piece of code that removes the blocks on town capture.

Put this into "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS". Then reload a savegame from before you talked to the replacement governor.

Attachments

• Robert Christopher Silehard_dialog.c
    35.5 KB · Views: 226
Alternatively, put this into "PROGRAM", load up your current savegame, then press F12. You should get an on-screen message "Executed Console". If so, you should then be able to capture any town you like.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.6 KB · Views: 222
Back