• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't believe this is still going on

A

Alan Smithee

I used to help mod PotC back around Build 9 or earlier. Pieter's is the only name I recognize here so far. I stopped playing/modding when my old desktop died and my laptop couldn't play the game, though I still have my original disc. So I moved on to playing/modding Morrowind and Mount & Blade. (To my chagrin, I left a lot of work unfinished when I disappeared.)

Anyway, got a new laptop now and it plays Age of Pirates fine, so I can't wait to see if I can get PotC to play again. It's great to see people are still active here.

e: I had to create a new account since I can't remember my old login. While creating it, I typed in the email address I usually use for forum accounts, and it said it was banned. :(

Oh wait I remembered my old login and password after all.

When I was retrieving files from the old laptop (it died) I'm pretty sure I came across something for PotC, and thank God I saved it before wiping the HD.

Yep here they are, over 100mb worth of zipped files. Looks like they're mods I already released - apothecary, blacksmith, extra character skins, etc., and I think I spy some old WIPs, like extra interiors and the curio. I remember playing around with a lot of things like flooding interiors, trying to make interconnected ship exteriors, etc. I haven't played any Builds lately so I don't know how much of that someone else succeeded in.

If anyone wants to dig through them I'm uploading them now, which I should have done years ago but I'm terrible about these things. Good thing I'm a digital hoarder at least.

There's three zips (you'll need 7zip, which is free and awesome, from 7-zip.org) and some stuff might be repeated among them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCFNHZ4K

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YUZY9BS

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZXI735R

WOW alan smithee, I have seen your name pop up a lot in code files :shock (even some named after you)

Welcome back matey!

Im temp acting Pieter (no where near as good) while he is out at sea :yes

I'd love to find some of those old threads for a trip down memory lane. My recent post history is cleared out. The forums themselves are a heck of a lot different than what I remember, as far as layout and color scheme.

Hope Pieter's doing well at sea. Me, I'm gonna take a little jaunt on an old paddleboat come summer.

Welcome back mate! :cheers

...haha fishswords I must have been retarded or something.

fishswords.jpg

Swrodrfish might have worked better, but they would definitely be a two handed weapon! xD:

...huh, engine.exe crashes. I almost forgot why I nicknamed this Pirates of the Crashes to Desktop. There must be a simple fix I've forgotten. Running Win7 if that helps narrow it down, and it crashed both before and after installing B13.

WOW... IS there some kind of returning time? First Damski, now you...

Welcome back. Nice to sea one of those legendary pirate-modders returning ...

You're back or just looking around?

Install outside of PROGRAM FILES.... (ie C:/My Games)

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Would it work to just move the files there or do I have to install?

Been enjoying AoP for the past few hours. Visually very impressive but it lacks the heart of the original.

Looking for now. What are some big projects going on?

Looking for now. What are some big projects going on?
Well, I'm not sure right now, since I really care only those projects that I'm working with, but I know that there is WIP's for "capture the colony", "advanced officer system" and etc...

My self is working with "Decks Re-Order" and "armor project", "swamp", "minor locations", "god-o-war".

Also I'm writing modeling tutorials for STORM (slow on the moment)...

But that is only ~10% of all things that is going around... Hope you'll come back to modding, we could use every hand here, especially one from veteran...

Installed PotC outside of the programs directory, still no good. What else should I try? e: I have an Intel Pentium chip. I think I read that PotC doesn't work with it?

How easy is AoP to mod? I see there's virtually nothing for it.

e: Also, looks like I have v.1.5. Can I still use Supermod?

If you are going to mod, use AOP 2 - City of Abandoned ships. We are planning to port the build over eventually to that game. I saw some of your skins. I like them! Altough some could still use some work on their faces.

You will need to use swiftshader if you have an intel chip

Look in the Build and Forum FAQ in the main Build sub-forum for link to file ;)

Also got AoP2 working. Had to jump through some hoops and I didn't get far enough into the storyline to actually sail a boat, but I'll assume for now it will work since AoP1 does.

Back