• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot reply in PotC bugtracker forum

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
That is the problem. It looks like the reply box is put behind the previous posts. It is only in the bugtracker forum for me. Since others are using that forum successfully, there must be a problem on my end. I have not changed any settings at any time, so have no clue where to look for possible causes. TYA.

I have it as well.

I have not updated the bug tracker when I did the forum so I'm pretty sure I need to do it :)

I had a quick play and after the update the problem is still there. What I did find is that it's skin based, if you change to the plain IPB skin you won't have the problem so while the cleancut problem gets worked out I'd suggest you go that way :)

Works fine for me on the pretty OldSchoolV2 (Import). Could you make that one forum-default, Keith?
And it'd be nice to have the missing image files added because these consistent red crosses aren't too pretty... :facepalm

It's been a while now, and I STILL can't reply on the Bug Tracker!
I thought it had been fixed since there are recent posts there, but obviously not for me.
Anyone else still can't reply? (that is, on the forum default skin 'CleanCut')

True, it does look nicer, and seems to let me reply as normal.
The only part I don't like about that skin is how it doesn't show instant notifications. :shrug
Or does it, and I'm just blind? :?

Instant notifications? You mean, when you get a PM? I do get those, unless I'm very much mistaken. :facepalm

Yup, notifications should work just fine on the Old School skin. :onya

Go to your profile Experienced Captain, check and make sure you have notifications turned on, they can be a bit of a pain to figure out.

:facepalm Seems clarity isn't my strong point.
It's probably 'inline notifications', which I DO have turned on and DO work fine on both the CleanCut and IP Board skins.
In the below screenshots, it's the little '0' in a box:

[attachment=5394:Notes_1.jpg]
[attachment=5395:Notes_2.jpg]

Yet this seems non-existent on the OldSchool skin, unless I have very bad eyesight. :?

That will only show you the number of unread notifications, not the total number of messages. Works for me just fine in both.

That will only show you the number of unread notifications, not the total number of messages. Works for me just fine in both.
That IS what I mean, as it shows new replies, personal messages etc. But I can't see it in the OldSchool skin. :shrug

Ah, ok, I got ya now mate, sorry I misunderstood what you were asking. I didn't use the default skin much, so I wasn't that familiar with it. The Old School skin does have the same notification, it just appears differently, it will show up in the upper right hand corner of the screen in little parenthesis beside your name in the pulldown menu.

oldschool.png

Back