• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cannot proceed to mission

Albert_Bowden

Sailor Apprentice
Hi all,

so in the original stock game, you have to meet the captain of the barque and sink it. You should be able to go the french port without getting fired at. On the mod, this is the case and the fort attacks you. So I have had to sail to the beach and then go into the town. From there I have gone to the tavern, killed the original captain for the barque then talked to the harbour master. Then when I go out, Virgile bloom comes running towards you and asks if you are ready. Nathaniel then says that the ship is in a secluded bay. Bloom tells you to bring it here, but by doing that the fort fires at you again. I have tried selling my ship at the ship yard to get a new one to try and get it at the port. This does not work. I am out of ideas and the story ends here because of this major bug. Can anyone help?

see below for the picture of the bug where it occurs.

Attachments

• 27372E87-486E-4449-A445-33B989FB9D8B.jpeg
    27372E87-486E-4449-A445-33B989FB9D8B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 203
Can you go to 3D Sailing Mode near Martinique, then close the game and post your compile.log file here?
That should contain an explanation for why the fort is hostile.

It could be firing at you because you're flying an enemy flag; or because it remembers seeing you flying an enemy flag before.
This memory can be reset by getting a different ship; but a different paint scheme of the same ship doesn't work.

If you have a LoM with a nation, but some of its forts are hostile to you, you can pay a governor to set the record straight.
If not, there is always console:
Code:
ResetCharacterMemory(characterFromID("FalaiseDeFleur Commander"));
// ResetForts(FRANCE);
// ResetAllForts();

You are a legend!! It worked!!!!
“If you have a LoM with a nation, but some of its forts are hostile to you, you can pay a governor to set the record straight.” this is the one that worked for me. The rest above that did not work because I do not have a compile.log file in the game

The rest above that did not work because I do not have a compile.log file in the game
That's a bad sign.
There should be both a compile.log and system.log next to ENGINE.exe .

You didn't install to Program Files, did you?

Then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be there.
The mod should enable the error logging toggle.

I have Program and Program (x86) on my hard disc C:. The one called Program is probably (?)
what was called Program Files earlier. Anyway none of those work for me with POTC so I have made a
folder direct under C: for POTC games. (windows 10)

I have Program and Program (x86) on my hard disc C:. The one called Program is probably (?)
what was called Program Files earlier. Anyway none of those work for me with POTC so I have made a
folder direct under C: for POTC games. (windows 10)
Indeed that's far, FAR safer. :onya

Back