• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot buy enough food!!!

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
When I'm at the store and wanna replenish my supplies, I can buy enough rum and other goods, but cannot buy enough food. I can buy max 25 units of food on one of my four ships and then I can't buy any food any more. Money is not a problem, I have plenty of free cargo space too and there is enough food in store itself (around 600 units), so where could be the problem???

The colony has to feed themselves too and only sell their excess. Go to a bigger colony and buy there. Or maybe that colony has just had some bad luck like getting raided by pirates or getting wiped out by a hurricane.

Does the bartender have any news about that colony?

I go from town to town to fully supply my ship and crew's needs especially when I have more than one ship.
That's really how it is because of the reasons Sir Hylie have mentioned to make the game more realistic.
And yes, try asking information about the townfolks or bartenders to know more about a colony.

Besides, when you visit a store the details are recorded in your binder so just check the availability of goods on a town by opening your binder/book(F2) so you'll know where to go if you need a specific good.

This happened to me last night too. I went to Marigot which is under siege by the Dutch and could only buy 50 food. Then went to Sao Jorge which seems to be having problems too and still could not buy all the food I want. Then went to San Juan and they had lots of goods.

Back