• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannons and Carronades

matthewnlu

Landlubber
I noticed that there is an option to customize the number of guns a ship can carry on any of the four points. Am I meant to be able to load the sides with carronades and the stern and aft with long gun chasers? Or is the function there to allow people to save money by not buying as many cannons? I've been unable to figure out how to load a ship with both long guns and carronades...is that because I'm doing something wrong or because that's not the function of that new feature?

You can only have one type of cannon at one time(one of the game limitations currently) BUT you can buy slight improvements in the shipyard, although it doesn't really change your cannon's from their actual type. So buying a 'bronze cannon' upgrade won't actually give you 'bronze cannons' just the stat boost ontop of your fitted cannon.

In terms of cannon numbers, you can never have more than the default ship setting, but you can have less although the ship model will always show a full compliment no matter what.

Back